"Reported attack site"...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
I highly recommend that everyone who was using MSIE, windows and JAVA on the night of the issues does a full scan of their computer using Microsoft Security Essentials (it's free). I did a full scan on both my computers right after the issue and both came up with the same issues.
Trojan downloader OpenConnection.pw, Java Exploits CVE-2012-1723, 2012-1723/generic, 2011-3544, and 2012-3544 gen/B.

I am not saying they came from Satelliteguys since the issue was nationwide on the ad server, but my machines were clean before. I know this since I ran a full scan on my desktop in November before I shut it down until the issues hit the site the other day.

Almost the same programs your using here.Did a scan with MS Security Essentials (that's the only antivirus I use)came back clean.I do however,run Malwarebytes Pro in conjunction with MSE so that must have blocked it.To anyone using windows I recommend Malwarebytes pro.I got a promo for it for $14.99 3 years ago,it's a pay once deal not yearly.IMHO it's worth every penny.Great at stopping trojans and malware.

TNG Tony- Thanks for the advisory. I have had MS Security Essentials installed but just ran scan again per your recommendation. I show green and no threats even though I continue to get the satelliteguys forum warnings on and off. Hopefully, as Scott persists with his ad server management people we will get over this pimple on the butt annoyance. Just glad it is only a warning that is not harming us, so far.

I use the paid version of AVG antivirus package too. I pay so much each year for AV measures that I think it should be allowed as a medical expense tax deduction! :)

I don't frequent dbstalks and have not seen this anywhere else.

I too Highly recommend Malware bytes Pro....very worth it.

The Malware that TNGTony got was not from SatelliteGuys, as he dosen't see any ads, and the malware here got was not the one that Google Reported the ad server as serving.

I ran a test all day yesterday scanning the site by a site recommened by the Blacklist site and we came up clean.

We are also coming up clean today.

http://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/www.satelliteguys.us/forum.php

I myself was just stating the fact I like Malwarebytes....nothing to do with the other night...;)

I myself was just stating the fact I like Malwarebytes....nothing to do with the other night...;)

Oh I know that, was just giving a status update that's all.

I just wish these servers with old information saying that we are blocked would update their information! :)

Agreed it is taking way to long..:rant:

Scott- you should also make note if the traffic is down as a result of the false reports. This might affect your revenue stream for the site and be grounds for some adjustment.

People curious to know why this site is so bad...:D

I got this from Badwarebusters.ORG.

As you say, your website IS clean: http://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/satelliteguys.us

It seems there IS an issue with Firefox, and it is being looked into – Mozilla has already been notified of possible issues with their malware warning system.

Currently there seems there is little you can do except wait for an update to Firefox…

So it looks like the warning some are seeing is a Firefox Bug. :(

Yes, I use Firefox but it seems strange that they get blamed for a problem caused by the ad server. Glad your traffic has not been affected.

Well got the warning again today here. Well yesterday I was getting it on DBSTalks too. Not getting it on them today. So I'm not sure that it has anything to do w/ cookies or the cache. As once I went thru the ignore yesterday it stopped all day. So if it were the c & c it would have come up w/ them as well. So since traffic is up to the site, I wish Scott would stop reporting himself using the assumed name. :D

MS Security Essentials detects other anti-virus s/w and says use one or the other, not both? Anybody using AV S/W along with MS Security Essentials?

Last time I was on FF I didn't see the warning.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts