"Reported attack site"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smooth as a babies you know what today.I'm 99% sure something is up with google not only with the attack warnings here and at other sites but,with their search engine as well.Think they need to do some maintenance.

I woke up about 1:30 am for an hr or so, got on the site using gc & seen the warning, ignored it & continued to site. Haven't seen it since.

Got the warning about 8AM eastern this morning after computer start-up and just got it again now at about 3PM after I turned this computer on again. Firefox 18.0.1.

I did not get a message using the app. Is it possible using the app to get one?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SatelliteGuys

Google is very "smart" with their warnings. They clearly detect things like the OS you're using, browser, etc and display or not display the warning accordingly.

During the previous issue, Mac users were 100% unaffected, for example. Why? The exploit was harmless to them.

Google is very "smart" with their warnings. They clearly detect things like the OS you're using, browser, etc and display or not display the warning accordingly.

During the previous issue, Mac users were 100% unaffected, for example. Why? The exploit was harmless to them.

Then can you explain to me why my Mac Mini was getting the warnings? :)

Oh,and I actually saw the warning on my kubuntu laptop,with both ff and chrome.It didn't appear at first but later on it did.

I saw it and I am on a Mac. Showed in Firefox and Chrome.

The database is not OS specific, it just alerts people know there could be something wrong with the site... when last night this was not the case.

Here's why some may or may not have seen it.

Screen Shot 2013-02-04 at 8.52.33 PM.png

It all depends on if you had the fraudulent sites warning checked on or off.

It was on at first and was making me crazy. I eventually unchecked it and the warnings stopped.

I've turned it back on now that you guys say it's all clear..

Either NetSeer is lying or Google messed up. How would Google know that a company got hit (internally) by a malware attack ? I suppose as part of that attack, outbound traffic would be generated that Google could see .... but then Google says "ooooh, they've been hit by malware and they're an ad-server company - let's block 'em !" ?

My gut says that Google Messed up...

We were listed by Google which put up the warning, yet when we went to Google it said we were clean.

You might want to check your computer for something else then as all was scanning clean from all 18 plus scanning services the entire time the warning was up. Plus I turned the ads off upon first report.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)