Reprogram lost channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dstone2022

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 23, 2009
Quebec
Hi,

My dad has a 7 foot dish, with a "Personal Cable by Uniden - Videocipher RS" receiver to point the dish to different satellites, and it's set to C aand Vertical (green-green leds), it is always pointed to the Intelsat 805, and is usually turned OFF unless he needs to adjust the dish when it snows alot.

He also has the "Pansat 1000A - Digital Satellite Reciver - DVB" that he uses to change channels.

He had 8 channels set up, but now only the first 2 work, the other 6 say No Signal.

He wants to get back at least the TV CAPIXAB channel from Brazil.

I checked the Pansat setup for the TV CAPIXAB channel and it's set to 3932Mhz, 3.255Msps, Horizonal, and the PIDs and PCR are set to 0000.

On your The List for the Intelsat 805 C, the settings for TV CAPIXAB are:
3908 H 3255
Video Pid: 4194
Audio Pids: 4195
PCR: 4194

I tried to replace the old settings with the new settings from your The List, but I always get "Tuning Failed".
I tried different variations with the same "Tuning Failed" result.

How do I reprogram the channels?

Thanks.

PS, the 2 channels that still work are RTP and RTP Radio, but they are not listed on your The List for the Intelsat 805.

Last edited:
What I noticed from checking is RTPI is a vertical transponder and the other is a horizontal so depending on the LNB you will have to turn the LNB to get a H transponder. If you have an older LNB the analog receiver will have to change the polarity

What LNB is on the dish? Is it possible to take a picture of it?

The settigs is OK.

On your The List for the Intelsat 805 C, the settings for TV CAPIXAB are:

3908 H 3255
Video Pid: 4194
Audio Pids: 4195
PCR: 4194

With this settings Im watching Capixab Quality=60....right now.
July 23,2009 2pm E

I live in Monterrey Mexico (57N 101W).
Pansat 2500, BUD 10 ft, LNBF BSC621-2 for C Band

Greetings

Thanks for the replies.

Everything was working fine for years with the current settings, including the TV CAPIXAB channel.
Then a few weeks(or months) ago all the channels stopped working, except for the RTP channels, they still work fine.
The dish is about 15~20 years old, with the same analog receiver, and about 7~9 years ago the digital receiver was upgraded to the Pansat 1000A.

I tried changing the polarity on the analog receiver but the CAIPIXAB still didn't work and the RTP channels stopped working.

I did a Satellite Scan in the Pansat 1000A receiver, it found 40 channels, but only the RTPi Amer and Canal 31 G channels worked, all the other channels showed "Bad or scrambled".

In the Pansat 1000A setup, the satellite is Intelsat 805, and the LNB Configuration is:

LNB Type: STANDARD
LNB Local Freq.: 5150MHz
22KHz: OFF
DiSEqC: OFF
0/12 Volt: 0 Volt

I changed the analog receiver to Horizonal polarity and did a Satellite Scan in the Pansat 1000A setup, it found 4 spanish channels, but when I switch the analog receiver back to Vertical polarity, I loose those 4 channels but I can watch the RTP channels.

Is there a way to reprogram the Pansat 1000A, maybe by switching to another satellite with the analog receiver.
The analog receiver has about 20 preprogrammed satellites I can choose it to point to.

Or do we have to upgrade the Pansat 1000A to a newer model?

Thanks.

I changed the analog receiver to Horizonal polarity and did a Satellite Scan in the Pansat 1000A setup, it found 4 spanish channels, but when I switch the analog receiver back to Vertical polarity, I loose those 4 channels but I can watch the RTP channels.
OK so the LNB is still good

Is there a way to reprogram the Pansat 1000A, maybe by switching to another satellite with the analog receiver.
The analog receiver has about 20 preprogrammed satellites I can choose it to point to.

Or do we have to upgrade the Pansat 1000A to a newer model?

Thanks.

I dont think you have to upgrade. The receiver sounds like its working fine. When in doubt, try a factory reset. Yes it will clear everything but might fix it. Otherwise on that transponder that you want, try a TP Scan or manual scan.

I did a TP scan, but it says "Tuning Failed", and I don't know how to do a manual TP Scan.

The List of your website has 3908 H 3255 as the settings for TV CAPIXAB, but on another site it's 3932 H 3255, which is what I had on my Pansat 1000A receiver.

There are 28 TP's preset for the Intelsat 805 on the Pansat 1000A, and they're all set to Horizonal polarity, but when I do a TP Scan for the RTPi channel, it has a Vertical polarity.

I don't want to do a factory reset, they guy that set up the Pansat took 2 hours to enter all the satellite and TP settings, but he's not available anymore.

If I reset Pansat 1000A, do I only have to enter the info for the Intelsat 805?
What numbers would I have to enter for the Intelsat 805?

I'm new at this, I never programmed the Pansat before.

Thanks for your replies.

Lyngsat shows it at 3908 H 3256

The transponder you provided on Lyngsat is 3932 V 3255 not H polarity

on thelist it shows as 3908 and I can vouch for that as I was the one who provided that info...see attached pic below.

so you need to program in the transponder as 3908 H 3255 then it should work

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 141
Seems polarity problem....

Its polarity problem.

You can watch V polarity only (2 channels).

You cannot watch H polarity....the most satelite channels..

he mentions above that he can see H polarity

I still think it has to do with having the wrong transponder in the receiver ;)

Thanks for replying.

I changed the analog receiver to Horizontal polarity and then I tried the new TP 3908 H 3255 and it worked, I got the TV CAPIXAB channel.

But now my dad has to change the analog receiver to Vertical polarity to watch the RTP, then back to Horizontal to watch CAPIXAB.

It seems like the polarity settings in the Pansat 1000A don't matter, I changed them and the channels still worked, it's only when I change the polarity in the analog receiver that the channels are affected.

How do we get both polarities at the same time on the Pansat 1000A, or do we need to change the analog receiver or the LNB?

Thanks.

Thanks for replying.

I changed the analog receiver to Horizontal polarity and then I tried the new TP 3908 H 3255 and it worked, I got the TV CAPIXAB channel.
yay! :)

But now my dad has to change the analog receiver to Vertical polarity to watch the RTP, then back to Horizontal to watch CAPIXAB.
yep because they are on opposite polarities. Previously capixab was on vertical polarity (same as RTPI)

It seems like the polarity settings in the Pansat 1000A don't matter, I changed them and the channels still worked, it's only when I change the polarity in the analog receiver that the channels are affected.
correct. The older LNB's only have one "notch" for skew and the analog receiver changes polarity.

How do we get both polarities at the same time on the Pansat 1000A, or do we need to change the analog receiver or the LNB?

Thanks.
dumb question because I havent seen a Pansat 1000 before. Is there a spot on the back of the receiver that has some plugs that look like those push down speaker wire things? If so you could plug the LNB into that and the Pansat would control skew

Otherwise the easiest thing to do is to get a new LNBF. They allow you to have both polarities on the Pansat and the analog receiver would become a dish mover
both Sadoun & SatelliteAv have some C-Band LNBF's

I checked and the the LNB has to be plugged into the analog receiver, the Pansat does not have the sockets for the LNB. :(

I called a local store and they said it would cost about $80 for a new LNB and $60 for installation, so that's probably what we'll do.

Thanks for all your help. :)

shoot. I had a Pansat 2100 that did have that skew option for the 3 wires until I wired it up wrong and burned it out ;) :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)