Request A Tech

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lacubs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 9, 2007
Erie, Pa
does Directv allow you to request a tech? because i need my dish move to the other side of my roof. and the tech they send us was lost! he didn't understand why the dish need to be move, my mom told him to just reschedule it because he didn't understand the work order

Last edited:
does Directv allow you to request a tech? because i need my dish move to the other side of my roof. and the tech they send us was lost! he didn't understand why the dish need to be move, my mom told him to just reschedule it because he didn't understand the work order

Yes,

You can request any tech that you want. I have had local customers request (demand) that I be sent to do their work.

However,

There is no way they are going to try to comply with such an off the wall idea. They set up a big distribution system so the next guy in line gets the next work order.

AND the reason for moving a functioning dish escapes me. People never want to move chimneys or plumbing stacks.

Think how the dish will feel. Just when it is settling in and making friends you want it to move? It just isn't fair! I am going to use a forceful but lighthearted icon!

Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on how the tech gets routed. Get your appointment scheduled and call Directv and get your activity number and give it to the tech. He then can tell his dispatch to route him to that job. I do it all the time.

Yes,

You can request any tech that you want. I have had local customers request (demand) that I be sent to do their work.

However,

There is no fXXkin' way they are going to try to comply with such an off the wall idea. They set up a big distribution system so the next guy in line gets the next work order.

AND the reason for moving a functioning dish escapes me. People never want to move chimneys or plumbing stacks.

Think how the dish will feel. Just when it is settling in and making friends you want it to move? It just isn't fair! I am going to use a forceful but lighthearted icon!

Joe

wow joe

Yes,

However,

There is no way they are going to try to comply with such an off the wall idea. They set up a big distribution system so the next guy in line gets the next work order.

Joe

i don't want this thread to get out control, but all i want is my dish move by the tech who recommend it

Why did he recommend it? Line of sight issue? Is it not sturdy where it is? If it's working, makes no sense to move it unless its just an aesthetics thing for you.

he's had animals eating the coax cable (from previous posts) so I think the tech wants to put it higher

If it's his house and his dish, he can put it anywhere he wants as long as it still has los and he pays for it. I don't understand why some posters feel the need to be rude about it. He didn't ask you to move it or pay for it.

yes we paying for it, D even took half off, they are coming Thursday we not trying ripping D off, even my bill every month is very high, and i don't bitch about it. i just want my stuff to work!

lacubs said:
yes we paying for it, D even took half off, they are coming Thursday we not trying ripping D off, even my bill every month is very high, and i don't bitch about it. i just want my stuff to work!

I don't blame you one bit. You should get what you pay for! If you wanted the dish painted with purple and punk polka dots, that's your business. You'd be a little weird and I would drive by your house every day to point and laugh, but that's your right! I still think you should hire Bill Murray to off those chipmunks, gophers, squirrels, ghosts or whatever they are.

jwgreen68 said:
I don't blame you one bit. You should get what you pay for! If you wanted the dish painted with purple and punk polka dots, that's your business. You'd be a little weird and I would drive by your house every day to point and laugh, but that's your right! I still think you should hire Bill Murray to off those chipmunks, gophers, squirrels, ghosts or whatever they are.

Wait. I can get a funky themed satellite dish? Cool. I'm calling now!!! J/k

he's had animals eating the coax cable (from previous posts) so I think the tech wants to put it higher

If he is having critter problems, I would leave the dish alone, just run the coax inside some conduit. I haven't met a squirrel or rat yet who can chew through EMT! :D

well, the tech got by chance was him, we didn't Request him but he called my mom and asked whats a good time to come because even he know my mom is busy, but he came and know what he was doing!

lacubs said:
well, the tech got by chance was him, we didn't Request him but he called my mom and asked whats a good time to come because even he know my mom is busy, but he came and know what he was doing!

Good. Glad you got what you wanted. Hope it works for ya. Let us know how it turned out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts