(Request) The Horror Channel!!!!!

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 20, 2004
Lakeland, FL
Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if VOOM was considering adding THC? If not I think they should. It's so much different from Monsters HD. I know THC has bought alot of movie/TV rights. They have a huge catalog. I did put up a VOOM petition on www.HorrorChannel.com You guys can sign it and maybe VOOM will see how much of a demand there is for THC :)

If it's Horror in standard... that's stupid, if the Horror channel is HD with it's own unique library of movies, that's great... we don't need no more SD!

I believe they will be showing some stuff in HD. I think this is a great channel and alot of horror fans have been waiting for a long time for it to surface.

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh said:
I believe they will be showing some stuff in HD. I think this is a great channel and alot of horror fans have been waiting for a long time for it to surface.

No,it is a SD channel only.

THere is alot of buzz about the horror ch but its a STD ch. I think it has a better chance on Directv or Dish ....not on VOOM. Voom already has a very good MonstersHD....I cant see VOOM adding it.

I can't see the duplication either especially if it is SD.

THC is different from Monsters HD. Different programs and it won't repeat as much as Monsters HD. THC will have Original movies/TV shows made by the horror greats like Wes Craven, John Carpenter, George Romero and up and coming directors like Eli Roth. I believe in the long run it will be better then Monsters HD

I'm all for it ....I love those directors and would love to see shows made by them. But I think the last line of what you wrote would be the reason why they wouldn't add a ch like that......better than MonstersHD...probably right. Going up against an exclusive ch...perhaps taking some of the thunder away from its best exclusive? I'm looking for either Dish or Direct to add THC...I'm hoping. I wrote and spoke to Directv over the phone about it and got the canned response everyone gets.

Voom already airs some pretty good horror flicks, I would rather see them concentrate their efforts in getting more subs, aka more money, for better flicks to air on MonstersHD, than endless 24 hour new STD content.

How many times in one day does Monsters HD air a movie? twice if I'm correct. I looked at the lineup one day and Dawn of The Dead was playing like 2 or 3 times just in one day. I love horror but you can't keep showing repeats and there where THC comes into play. VOOM say they are always adding more channels wheather it's SD or HD. They are not in the biz to just get HD viewers but lead SD viewers on and hope that they transfer to HD in the future. I can tell you that there is a heck of alot more SD channels then HD and it will be like that until atleast 2006. When the FCC digital law goes into effect meaning all stations have to broadcast in digital format. No more analog after January 1st 2006. This law doesn't mean you need an HDTV but will need a TV that has component inputs for the digital input or a digital ready TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts