Poll request - importance of RSNs

klen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 13, 2004
To me, the absolute most important channels that Voom could add would be regional sports networks. I once read that sports would drive HD sales more than anything else. Voom has Rush, which I like a lot, but Worldsport does nothing for me. It looks good, but I don't care who is playing, so I don't watch.

Here in the Chicago area, we need our RSN's to watch the Cubs, White Sox, and the Bulls. If hockey was around this year, we would need our RSN to watch the Hawks. This is more important to me than a DVR.

Could we get a survey going to show Voom just how big an issue the RSNs are? I know I am not alone on this.

Thanks.

-k

i would love to watch the wizards play but i want to watch them play in hd. i would also like to see league pass in hd. or be able to get all rsn without blackouts in hd :yes .

While I would love for Voom to offer RSNs, I need Voom to offer Lifetime and Lifetime Movies in order to get spousal approval.

JasonBourne said:
While I would love for Voom to offer RSNs, I need Voom to offer Lifetime and Lifetime Movies in order to get spousal approval.

"spousal approval"? What's that? My wife's biggest gripe is that we can't watch all of the Cubs games since I cancelled Dishnetwork for voom. I guess I have it pretty good.

-k

Good idea...

klen said:
(snip)...Could we get a survey going to show Voom just how big an issue the RSNs are? I know I am not alone on this.

Thanks.

-k
klen...I think you have a good idea. :D I don't do sports...AT ALL...but I notice lots of people seem to be vitally interested in the RSNs. And, since I knew from prior experience with VOOM, that the sports shows are where the HD really shines for uninitiated viewers, that's why I invited friends for Super Bowl, rather than Discovery HD Theater (my personal favorite!) :D

If you don't know how to create a poll, maybe one of the Mods can step in and help you. But please try to cover all the bases, including "I don't care, but realize it's important to many (or most)." :) Vicki

r.jones1116 said:
But Voom already has Oh!Oxygen and Women's Entertainment.
My wife says these channels, combined, are pale in comparison to The Lifetime Channel - TLC would make my life much more pleasant. :rolleyes: Also, the local RSNs and a RSN package are certainly very important....lot's of people waiting to subscribe once these are in place.

i agree with klen...about the reginal sports but not about the team! i want fox mid west so i can watch the CARDINALS win. it's nice to know that a card cub fan can agree on something.

Lifetime ='s The Crying Channel :)

And my wife loves it. It's not a "must have"...but close.

Lob

It's one of the most important channels for me. I continue paying dish $40 per month just for Fox Sports Detroit.

r.jones1116 said:
But Voom already has Oh!Oxygen and Women's Entertainment.
They also offer RSN's. If you live in Florida...

Edit: they also have ESPN as well as other sports channels, so if the ladies don't need more programming of interest to them.... You don't need any more sports programming.... PERIOD!!!

Vicki said:
I don't do sports...AT ALL...

Ditto. Well, except maybe Tour de France, America's Cup, downhill ski racing, and the occasional soccer match. Ain't gonna find any of that on a RSN.

CDH.

klen said:
"spousal approval"? What's that? My wife's biggest gripe is that we can't watch all of the Cubs games since I cancelled Dishnetwork for voom. I guess I have it pretty good.

-k

Same here, except it's Orioles games that she complains about. It's a tough complaint too... They in HD on Comcast. Ugh...

-John

Lobstah said:
Lifetime ='s The Crying Channel :)

And my wife loves it. It's not a "must have"...but close.

Lob

Hey all you lucky married guys. What do your wives think of the Ultra channel (fashion & style shows)? And World Cinema (Chicks did foreign films right)? And Auction (Similar to Antiques Road Show)? I would think that women would enjoy these channels. I think Voom's originals offers allot for the females IMHO. Lifetime couldn't hurt now that I think about it. I call it the "Burning Bed" channel. LOL. Anyway just curious.

-Chris

voomvoom said:
They also offer RSN's. If you live in Florida...

Depends where in Florida. There is a RSN called the "Sunshine Network" aka "Sunshine Sports" which broadcasts the local NBA games, etc. This RSN is only available to certain zip codes (mine is not one of them) even though the local cable company offers it in my zip code.

I assume that Voom is still in negotiation with most RSN's to get them online.

RSN is a big issue for me. I have been a happy voomer for a while, but I do need to have FSN Arizona to watch Arizona Wildcats, Phoenix Sun and Cardinals games. Right now I keep a D* subscription to just watch these games for $50/month. If Voom does not provide FSN Arizona in a few month, I might be out of here when my commitment is up.

Rsn

I would like to see FSSW for my Astros Games but if Voom doesn't get it i won't complain they show Baseball games on ESPN so i could watch my Astros when they come on ESPN. :D

adtoolco said:
Hey all you lucky married guys. What do your wives think of the Ultra channel (fashion & style shows)? And World Cinema (Chicks did foreign films right)? And Auction (Similar to Antiques Road Show)? I would think that women would enjoy these channels. I think Voom's originals offers allot for the females IMHO. Lifetime couldn't hurt now that I think about it. I call it the "Burning Bed" channel. LOL. Anyway just curious.

-Chris

My wife doesn't watch it, but me and my son do. I noticed that they went from Spring fashion shows right to Fall. NO SUMMER? I was hoping to see "Full Frontal Fashion - The Thong episode". - Or at least bikinis.

Is this channel marketed to women or men? Could you imagine an Ultra version of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue in HD? There is a lot of potential for that station. Let's face it- from what I can tell, the whole HD phenomenon is by far a guy thing.

Give me a bikini channel before an auction channel any day......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts