Rescued two Prodelins, need help otherwise

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Amiko HD SE is what I'm running as my #1. Good performer. Members wallyhts, Titanium, ke4est (I think anyway) here have 'em for sale
The new Manhattan DJ 1997 seems to be getting good reviews. Not sure if any members have that one tho-
EDIT: forgot to add this:
GEOSATpro HDVR3500 - New DVBS2 STB - Photos and Initial Testing Sounds like a winner.
Super Dish and a Direct Slimline - can be used, converted, for limited FTA use. Don't really think they could be used as a model for your case. Too different from what you have.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThisBUDs4U
Cool. But is there something on more of an entry-level type deal? Mainly want to check the signal from a single bird using this dish, and quite possibly, which birds made into a flock using a multiple LNB mount.

And what I meant about using the ugly mini dishes as a model is comparing the LNB arrangement in these single piece LNB clusters to the parabola that they are put in front of, and see if there is a way to figure out how the focal points for each feed horn was determined. There has to be some math for it somewhere. The other thing I just thought of is how these dishes are mounted, and that there is another axis that is set on the dish mount, where you roll the dish to a certain degree so that the dish sees the arc as it would appear over the horizon, and so that each LNB feed horn sees the bird that each one is intended for.

Cool. But is there something on more of an entry-level type deal? The other thing I just thought of is how these dishes are mounted, and that there is another axis that is set on the dish mount, where you roll the dish to a certain degree so that the dish sees the arc as it would appear over the horizon, and so that each LNB feed horn sees the bird that each one is intended for.

It sounds like you are referring to skew. Many of the 'pay' dishes have a skew adjustment on the back of the dish.

Most of the fabricated (homemade) multiple LNBF setups will have the appropriate skew set on each LNBF for the satellite it is receiving instead of skewing the whole dish.

Reactions: ThisBUDs4U
Okay, here's where I'm at. I've never done this before, so this spot is a good trial run more than anything. I got this and all the others prepped a week ago. This is the spacing I'm going to try on today just to see how it goes. The two spots here are both from impact on the face, as well as the cracked rib. The outside rim is cracked in this space too, but I'm not sure how to deal with that just yet.
1438474261445.jpg

Anyone ever notice and wonder why your repair material sticks better to you and to the applicator than it does what you're repairing? :wtf2 Anyway, after a few cuss sessions and several attempts reapplying the material, this is what I have. I'm starting to feel sick from this too so I'm going to leave this go for now and bail.
1438476069227.jpg

Wear gloves and a mask. You will get the hang of it soon enough, practice and more practice. I was like you, a beginner in the art of fiberglass.

Don't be too stingy with the mat on the backside, that's where you will be able to build it up a little more to get your strength. It might be easier for you to use cut squares or rectangles, put some resin down, lay down the square/rectangular mat, then brush over with more resin. It was easier for me that way in the beginning then dealing with strands.

Hope so. I'm a long ways off from bird watching but I'm still anxious to get it to that point. Seems to be taking forever to set too. I'd like to get it picked up so it's not laying in the yard.

Seems to be taking forever to set too.

An extra few drops of hardener next time wont hurt. And if it is still tacky in the morning, applying a little heat wont hurt either. Let us know if its still tacky in the morning.

Something I noticed and is still the case, is that the material doesn't pack very well. I'm sure I'm going to have cavities, which will need to be busted back open and packed back in again.

Here's what I got.
1438561521780.jpg
Not near as bad as I thought it would be. If I can find a way to get this stuff to pack in better, the rest there will fill in nicely. There's enough spaghetti over the one hole and weathering around it that I should be able to throw a piece of mat or cloth on it and that will do it. Let's see what the other side looks like.
1438561778817.jpg
Some of it actually pushed through up towards the top. That's what sandpaper is for.

Yesterday's run isn't that bad, so I should be able to go over it again without having to undo anything.

Reactions: FTA4PA and fred555
It sure did. Set pretty solid and doesn't look like it's going to jump off of it either.

Watch this spot. More coming when I hit it again.:cool

Reactions: fred555
Always open to ideas, and at this point, there are no bad ones. I just might do this over the top of all of the repairs to finish it down smooth.

I'm still alive. And trying to figure out where I left off. No new news, really. I really need to pick these up and bring them home. Provided the larger one wasn't involved in the storm last year everything is hopefully how I left it. Its amazing what you lose track of when everything else ties you up.

Reactions: FTA4PA and hank123
I'm trying. I would have wound up with a mesh dish, still on the pole, and with the concrete ball on the bottom end. Until someone else got to that and cut it up.

Update on THAT dish, that wasn't even supposed to be done with it. The owner was going to scrap it anyway, but didn't want the time spent fooling around with it and pitting up the lawn in the process. Upon discussing it with the owner, a chewing out session followed with the young man responsible for the damage to the lawn, which I kindly walked away from. :argue I think also being maybe just a little bit more upset that now his kid blew the sale on him by doing that instead of what he was supposed to be doing. Anyway, the feed horn with LNB was in the pile. And he offered it to me free of charge. :DIMAG0311.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)