Research shows PS3 the least used Console

Owned a PS1 a PS2, Have played a PS3, When NBA 2007 took 4 minutes to load I was already aggravated. Playing through with 30fps compared to the 360's 60fps sealed it for now for me at least.

Currently I have in my house 2x 360's (sold my 3rd one to a friend) a Nintendo Wii, 2 DS's, 3 GBA

And I have owned many of the consoles released.

I will own a PS3 when FFXIII comes out, but will probably resell it once I finish the game. Or keep it if their are actually games worth playing at that point.

compared to any of the released consoles I have ever owned the PS3 is horrid. And I am even comparing that to the Atari Jaguar.

All the PS3 was designed to do was be a crutch for a Sony format so they would not lose again (as they thought).

Their CEO said when they came out that, "they were charging to little for it because people would buy it for any cost because it had the Play Station brand on it." Sony president: PS3 "probably too cheap"

And it seems some people still do. :D

OK, well if you're going to base your opinion of the PS3 on one launch title (and a crappy one at that), I guess I'm wasting my breath. Not to mention the fact that you just can't look at it just as a game system, as I previously mentioned...

Wow, i have never had anything take that long to load. Were you drinking again????:p

Was sitting over at Matt's house (better than saying a friends) and we were going to play the game. Sat there watched it load, Went to the bathroom, was still loading, finally it was ready to go. It may have not been exactly 4 minutes. But it was way to long.

Not really, You can have a Core duo Quad with 8 gigs of ram, and the deciding factor for Crysis is if you have SLI video cards. Not the CPU. :D
again......best all around.....not strictly graphical prowress, which is at the very least as good as anything out there.

OK, well if you're going to base your opinion of the PS3 on one launch title (and a crappy one at that), I guess I'm wasting my breath. Not to mention the fact that you just can't look at it just as a game system, as I previously mentioned...

Nope I look at it as a crutch for Blue Ray format. Without it Blue ray would have already failed. :D

Good point at the end, but crappy game ???? lol I used to love the FF series

So let me guess, hypothetically speaking, if that was a HD-DVD drive in there you would be all over it

Theoretically I would prefer DVD 9 with fast load times and even multiple disks. With an add on Blue Ray drive.

Then It would be $100 cheaper and designed to play games. :D

neither of the blue laser drives are near fast enough for gaming.

Actually it's any of the EA games, And I love EA games. They all suffer from Frame rate issues (MAXCONSOLE - XBOX 360 - Half Life 2 Xbox 360 Vs PS3 comparison)

And you can't tell me that Orange box is not a great game.

Wouldn't that be an EA problem? I know, I know... "the PS3 is hard to design for, waaaaaa!" Either put in the effort to put out a good product or don't put it out. I like Madden, but EA isn't exactly the gold standard for good game development, pushing things through all the time just so they can release a new game every year.

Wouldn't that be an EA problem? I know, I know... "the PS3 is hard to design for, waaaaaa!" Either put in the effort to put out a good product or don't put it out. I like Madden, but EA isn't exactly the gold standard for good game development, pushing things through all the time just so they can release a new game every year.

I am just saying that the console is a crutch for the Blue Ray format. Sony Dropped the ball. They thought they could get the Cell to graphics and it couldn't so they grabbed what was available, the RSX by Nvidia, and now it sucks.

Pretty simple statement.

PS4 will probably be a good system. The PS3 is not.

first off they did not poll me for this as I use my PS3 ALOT about 45/55 in favor of 360 as I am into Halo 3 right now, but unreal tourney is quickly grabbing my attention. #2 this should be in the games section. #3 why do people hate Sony so much, plain and simple they have made a great system (so is the 360 and wii) if you dont like it fine, but dont go around posting FUD!

first off they did not poll me for this as I use my PS3 ALOT about 45/55 in favor of 360 as I am into Halo 3 right now, but unreal tourney is quickly grabbing my attention. #2 this should be in the games section. #3 why do people hate Sony so much, plain and simple they have made a great system (so is the 360 and wii) if you dont like it fine, but dont go around posting FUD!

Because it is relevant to the Blue ray war. Without the PS3 they would have 300,000 Blue ray players and be failing miserably.

Because it is relevant to the Blue ray war. Without the PS3 they would have 300,000 Blue ray players and be failing miserably.

Actually, the number of standalones is about the same, from what I've seen, and I think the sales numbers would be about the same as well, if the recent attach rate numbers are to be believed. Failing miserably is a bit of an overstatement, and also quite funny when most people on "your side" of the argument are saying that PS3 isn't helping Blu-Ray at all...

I am just saying that the console is a crutch for the Blue Ray format. Sony Dropped the ball. They thought they could get the Cell to graphics and it couldn't so they grabbed what was available, the RSX by Nvidia, and now it sucks.

Pretty simple statement.

PS4 will probably be a good system. The PS3 is not.
Lol, im sorry, but you are all over the place on your reasons for it being horrible, and honestly the point of your thread.

I agree with Onuos, EA games arent the gold standard for any system, and any shortcomings in the game should be placed at their feet.

As far as the Cell being able to do graphics, its more of a case of the developers not utilizing it for that. Yet.

EDIT: EA games ARE NOT the gold standard!!!! i mistyped! lol Fixed

And if one or the other(hd-dvd/blu-ray) didnt exist there wouldnt be a "format war" :rolleyes:. They do, and the PS3 is also a Blu-ray player.

facts blu ray is outselling hd dvd 2 to 1 almost 3 to 1
facts: Ps3 is selling quite well now that they have found a nice price point
and finally fact:this thread is worthless :)

Worst Game Box Art of the Year

Wii still kicking but, PS3 surpasses 360 in sales.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts