Residential acct to commer. acct to resid. acct. -help

emtpud

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Feb 17, 2008
Boston
I had residencial acct. for 4 yrs but because my apt(2nd floor) has commercial businesses on first floor I was forced by Dish to switch to commercial acct. The Dish Tech did this over the phone w/me and took about 30 minutes. Now I've actually moved to a single family house and want my resident. programming back. Dish tells me it could take up to 45 DAYS to send a Tech out to verify my true address! My feeling is that a Tech is not going to be paid for this and I'll never get anyone out here. Any ideas on how to shorten the wait or any help to get my regular programming back? Sorry for long story. ps; Why can't they change me back over the phone-I already got a bill at new address? Paul

Close the account and start a new account in someone else name. Because you were commercial they have to verify that you are nolonger commercial you are at their mercy.

I really don't want to use different name. I guess I should have asked if it is normal for them to send someone out to verify address? Maybe I should have done the "Dish Mover" scenario? I didn't because I have my 2 dishes already set up. Thanks, Paul

correct

ceo@echostar.com

Send a polite email to them explaining the situation and (usually) the executive office is able to help a little more than frontline CSR's

(make sure to give your acct info and a good call back number)

I have just recently gone through a similar situation. I went from commercial to residential. I just canceled my commercial account, and set up a NEW residential account at my new home address. I was able to take advantage of new customer promotions since I was a "new residential customer". Since you went from residential to commercial and now back to residential, I don't know if that same process will work for you or not. When I set up the new residential account, it took about 45 minutes on the phone with the CSR as they had to do some work-arounds on my account since I kept coming up in their system as a current/former customer. But with some patience and a persistent CSR, we got it worked out. So, I'm confident you can get this taken care of fairly quickly...I had my system installed within 7 days of closing my commercial account. Be patient and calm and I think you can get the resolution you're looking for. Good luck! Let us know how it went.

Actually, they don't need to send someone out. They can go thru UPS and see if it's classed as residential (different rates). Or look at your location thru Google earth maps.

Per Iceberg's advice I sent off a polite informative email to ceo@echostar.com early this am. I'm waiting for a reply. I'll wait a couple of days and then I'll call them and first I'll ask them to check Google/UPS and if not a positive response then I'll take the advice and cancel out and start over. I'll let you all know. This is one MAJOR reason why I support this site. Thanks to all. Paul

Hey Paul, I had a customer a few weeks back that lived in an apartment above a nail salon. I installed their satellite dish and receiver and closed out the work order and all was well. 5 day's later I got a call from them saying they were shut off and instead of calling dish she called me. Went to the house and sat on the phone with her for 30 minutes. The first 2 CSR's said that their was nothing they could do but to build another account under commercial. Then I asked to be transferred to commercial accounts department and explained to them the situation. They said that they verified that her apartment was not commercial so they noted the account and transfered me back to residential billing. They reactivated the account and all is well now.

Try 1-800-454-0843 commercial accounts.

Another thing that has worked in the past was to go directly to your local zoning department and have them pull up that address. It will show commercial/residential. There is a form of some type to fill out and they will give you a letter showing that your apartment upstairs is residential.
I don't remember exactly the name of that form. But it is the same one you get to show the IRS you do not live in a business. The tax assessor could help you with that.
Once you get this letter, Fax or send it to dish.

DirectDishNet: The tel.# you listed is the one I've been calling. Most of your other advice is fine but a moot point since I've actually moved. Yes, you are correct you do get less for more. Some of the channels I was supposed to receive-according to their own web listing-I didn't receive! For ex: NHL NETWORK. I had it before and they had it listed but when they did switch I didn't get it + others. they wanted to send out a tech to examine my 3-211's. I didn't see the point since I got all these channels prior to switch so it's on their end-they couldn't grasp that-so I said goodnight. Thanks, Paul

UPDATE: Iceberg, no response to my email to ceo@echcostar. today, 2 Dish Co. techs came out supposedly to verify my address and verify 3 boxes. they did this but THEY couldn't get Dish Commercial to release me to switch to Residential. I have been on untold # of phone calls to them over this past week and every time I supply them w/info they request they change the rules again. Today they told me I'd have to have each of my 3 boxes on SEPARATE ACCOUNTS! Pay 3X what I pay now! That was it for me, I told them to send me a carton to send their owned box back and when carton arrives I am cancelling! Enough is enough. Paul

To put this to rest: I called Dish to check status of shipping ctn-no record! They will ship one and I also cancelled service as of Midnight last night. I had RCN Cable installed. What a pleasure to have MLBnet and my RSNs' in HD 24/7! Thanks to all who contributed. Paul

Well, they ignored me and I sent a very polite email. It's their loss and I know I will keep my options open for future use. Paul

Back when I was a dealer I installed a system in a apartment directly over a store. its pretty common around here.

the tenant had built a platform in his window to hold the dish. directly in front of a tree:( and over top of the stores door:(

The fellow used Nails rather than screws I sat the dish on the platform and it started falling off the building.

I wanted to mount it to the brick but his landlord wouldnt allow it.

the guys girlfriend was nice and understood what I was trying to tell him, but he was clueless and wanted to cut down the offending tree. a municipal planted one........

it was stuff like this that drove me out of being a dealer. customers tried telling me how to install while they hadnt a clue:(

one nice old couple lived in a literal forest and insisted I aim the dish directly UP, like nasa does.

He ended up with a 150 foot run to a south opening in the sky.

nice fellow had 2 HUGE turkeys on his 5 acres.

he got E fr his wife who was very ill and couldnt do anything........

whoever at CEO address ignored your e mail needs a stern talking too.

E cant afford to lose paying subs........

That's what happens when you carpet bomb a single e-mail address with every unimportant customer whine in the universe...

If I owned that address, I'd be ignoring people too. Two out of every two thousand complaints seem to actually warrant contacting that address, but people give it out like pez. Are you surprised they're getting tired of it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)