Restoring 10ft dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Just make sure not to pop it out the tube but if you set your limits you should have nothing to worry about, if there is nothing on the lower end you can play with the clamp to basically make your first bird near the limit on that end. Some dishes I set up with friends when the dish went to far the bar would come close to the dish, we just extended the bar welding a little adapter and we were able to move much future on the arc. It's very fun to play with the dish, but once you are pretty happy, just leave it, in 2-3 years you will probably need to re-peak so don't go nuts, I've had my dish near perfect then mess it all up trying to get it aligned even better lol.

Remember the feed alignment is also very important, make sure it is straight and firing right in the middle of the dish. Have fun!
I was successfully able to go to 55W by mounting the actuator to left. I am thinking about making something to move the pivot away from the centre.. probably next year. Its not a priority for me as I cannot see anything below 55W anyways. I have ordered a 36" actuator for better wind resistance

Reactions: martin-f
Yes, I did that at my buddy's place years ago, we put one dish with the actuator on the right, then on the other side of the property we put another dish with actuator on the left, so he had both sides of the arc, I think we got down to 5 or 11 degree's? I don't remember it was a long time ago but we got really low on both ends of the arc it was great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)