Resume Button Missing While Still Recording

The resume button was there, but is no longer there during live recordings. I wonder what happened?
No telling. I have seen that kind of thing happen before. The alternate way for resuming while still recording works consistently. I would rather for DISH to just leave things the way they are. Something else might break if they try to fix it.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
The resume while still recording is not fixed for me. I noticed yesterday it still wasn't working and then saw your post this morning. So just did a test and it is still not working for me. The alternate way still works good. After you select the recording in the status bar click the Pause/Play button instead of the Select button. My Hopper3 is on U939.
That does not work for me at all. Tried it a few times. It takes me to the live portion of the recording, not where I left off. Just tried it again. Nope.
wwork

That does not work for me at all. Tried it a few times. It takes me to the live portion of the recording, not where I left off. Just tried it again. Nope.
wwork
When you select the recording and the status bar pops open and you click on your remote control Play button the resume does not work? Does it work for you TheKrell? It is working great for me. What remote control are you using Southside? I just ran another test and it works. I tested on a satellite local channel. When wife is done I will test on a satellite channel to see if there is a difference between the two channels.

Attachments

• Status Bar.jpg
    Status Bar.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 84
When you select the recording and the status bar pops open and you click on your remote control Play button the resume does not work? Does it work for you TheKrell? It is working great for me. What remote control are you using Southside? I just ran another test and it works. I tested on a satellite local channel. When wife is done I will test on a satellite channel to see if there is a difference between the two channels.
The resume while still recording works too on a satellite channel by clicking the Play button on the status bar.

LOL. Does it work in your Hopper 3 TheKrell?
Darned if I know. The only "status bar" I know about is the one that pops up on the screen when you press the Select button. There is no "Play button" on that status bar. So I conclude that you are talking about some other status bar that I've never seen.

Oh, now I think I see what you mean... Once you click on the Select button, you see a banner at top (what I would regard as a "status bar", and also a set of icons at the bottom, such as X, red circle, etc. I will have to wait for a recording before I can try that.

• Wow
Reactions: charlesrshell
Darned if I know. The only "status bar" I know about is the one that pops up on the screen when you press the Select button. There is no "Play button" on that status bar. So I conclude that you are talking about some other status bar that I've never seen.

Oh, now I think I see what you mean...
After you select a recording the Episodes menu opens up with a status bar that says "Recording Now." In a 54.0 remote control press the Pause/Play button. In a 40.0 remote control press the Play button. The recording will resume playing where you last left off.

That is exactly what I tried on a J3 (reported above) and it went to live every time. This used to work!
I don't have a Joey 3. I will run some test on my 4K and Wireless Joeys and report back. Can you let us know when you try it out in your Hopper 3?

I don't have a Joey 3. I will run some test on my 4K and Wireless Joeys and report back. Can you let us know when you try it out in your Hopper 3?
I don't have anything recording right now. I guess I could start a recording and try this...

Oh, wow. I started a recording, went to another channel, and then tried to play the recording from the start. Lots of flashing of "delayed video" with "live video" over a black screen. I'll give it a few minutes before trying this again. Trying chase play close in time to the live recording is still FUBAR'd. :(

Reactions: charlesrshell
TheKrell the same alternate resume while still recording method works too in my 4KJ and WJ. It also works when I resume the recording from my other Hopper 3 in the kitchen.

Attachments

• 4KJ Master Bedroom.jpg
    4KJ Master Bedroom.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 85
  • WJ East Bedroom.jpg
    WJ East Bedroom.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 82
  • H3 Kitchen.jpg
    H3 Kitchen.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 74
Reactions: TheKrell
Those work arounds don't work. End of story. Contacted tech support again. They told me they are aware of what is going on. They said again it is a known issue. I was also told they would follow up with me. I have been the squeaky wheel regarding this abomination. I have not given up and I am not going away. I will be shocked, stunned and amazed if they actually contact me, but we'll see.

Those work arounds don't work. End of story. Contacted tech support again. They told me they are aware of what is going on. They said again it is a known issue. I was also told they would follow up with me. I have been the squeaky wheel regarding this abomination. I have not given up and I am not going away. I will be shocked, stunned and amazed if they actually contact me, but we'll see.
Sure is strange it works for me and not you. I was a squeaky wheel too when I first reported this issue in 2007 after I joined DISH service. Same thing, they would contact me. Finally got added maybe two years ago. I hope they keep you informed and hope you pass it along to us. Thanks

• Love
Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts