Resume Button Missing While Still Recording

Thanks TheKrell. Maybe the alternate way to resume a recording while still recording has disappeared. I will run some more test today to see if I have lost it too. I hope more fellow SatGuys members will run some test too.
I just tested it again from my H3 and 4KJ and it still works.
TheKrell when you do your test have you started to watch the recording from the beginning, back out, and then go back into your recordings, select the recording, and then do the alternate way to resume? If you haven't watched the recording yet and do the alternate method it takes you to live TV.

I just tested it again from my H3 and 4KJ and it still works. TheKrell when you do your test have you started to watch the recording from the beginning, back out, and then go back into your recordings, select the recording, and then do the alternate way to resume? If you haven't watched the recording yet and do the alternate method it takes you to live TV.
Yes, I understand that. I used exactly this procedure for my J3 test and my attempted H3 test. The latter caused a lot of flashing messages (alternating resume with live) and a black screen. So I quit that and thought I would try again after more of the recording had been made. Unfortunately, I forgot to check until after the recording was finished.

• Sad
Reactions: charlesrshell
Yes, I understand that. I used exactly this procedure for my J3 test and my attempted H3 test. The latter caused a lot of flashing messages (alternating resume with live) and a black screen. So I quit that and thought I would try again after more of the recording had been made. Unfortunately, I forgot to check until after the recording was finished.
TheKrell I don't know what to say. Maybe there are different versions of the U939 software for the Hopper 3. No telling. Surely it can't be in the hardware setup! Do you or Southside have a DPH42 switch installed? I have another test setup this time with a scheduled timer.

TheKrell I don't know what to say. Maybe there are different versions of the U939 software for the Hopper 3. No telling. Surely it can't be in the hardware setup! Do you or Southside have a DPH42 switch installed? I have another test setup this time with a scheduled timer.
Alternate resume method worked good again with a scheduled timer.

Reactions: TheKrell
Nope; just the EA hybrid LNB.

Why not? I suspect the hardware changed subtly over time.
Well, I am on Western arc with a DPH42 switch. Surely this can't be the reason, but you are probably right. Why not, maybe hardware related! We will never know.

Well, I am on Western arc with a DPH42 switch. Surely this can't be the reason, but you are probably right. Why not, maybe hardware related! We will never know.
I agree that it's implausible that different versions of the H3 firmware come down from WA and EA birds.

TheKrell when you do your test have you started to watch the recording from the beginning, back out, and then go back into your recordings, select the recording, and then do the alternate way to resume? If you haven't watched the recording yet and do the alternate method it takes you to live TV.
Well, guess what? I tried it again on my J3 last night and it worked. No, I do not know what is going on. But it was an hour-long recording that was half-completed when I did that test. So maybe it has to do with how much is recorded ahead of your resume/chase play. Within a minute, and it's curtains for the free world. ;)

• Wow
Well, guess what? I tried it again on my J3 last night and it worked. No, I do not know what is going on. But it was an hour-long recording that was half-completed when I did that test. So maybe it has to do with how much is recorded ahead of your resume/chase play. Within a minute, and it's curtains for the free world. ;)
WOW awesome. Most of my test were done with very little recorded ahead of the resume. Any where from 5 to 30 minutes. Then a few test after the recording was going on for an hour or more. Glad it is working for you now.

Try it again within a minute of live. :eeek That was literally unwatchable with the black screen and all the flashing notifications. :crying
Does your Hopper do the same thing? We hardly ever use our Joeys so don't know if they are having same issue as your Joey.

Does your Hopper do the same thing? We hardly ever use our Joeys so don't know if they are having same issue as your Joey.
Sorry for the confusion. I did not see that happening on a Joey; only my H3 was observed to do that. I stared a recording for your test, because you had asked about the H3 and not the Joey. It looked like the H3 was caught in an infinite loop. Remember those?

Sorry for the confusion. I did not see that happening on a Joey; only my H3 was observed to do that. I stared a recording for your test, because you had asked about the H3 and not the Joey. It looked like the H3 was caught in an infinite loop. Remember those?
Sorry TheKrell. Hope it clears up. I don't ever remember seeing a continuous loop.

Did a little reasearch. This issue also occured in March of 2019, but was resolved in a very short period of time. I have a Hopper3. Software version U939 12/11/2020. Boot strap 1014. Application Software AN459a. None of the afore mentioned work arounds work for me.

This from 2016

On the Hopper 3 there is no option to resume if a recording is still in progress. If the recording is completed you can resume but if the recording is still in progress no resume option is available. So if you start watching a program that is still recording and go watch something else and try to continue watching that program while it is still recording this is currently not possible. There have been several software updates since the Hopper 3 first came out but this has not been fixed yet as of the latest software of U313. The resume option on recordings still in progress is available on the HWS. The resume option on recordings still in progress is also available on every other DVR except the Hopper 3 including Direct TV, Comcast, Tivo and Time Warner.

Could Scott or someone from Dish please report this issue to Dish. This is an important functionality that was previously present but was removed from the Hopper 3. As recently Scott opened a thread regarding OTA recording problems and I think this issue should also be addressed by Dish.

Did a little reasearch. This issue also occured in March of 2019, but was resolved in a very short period of time. I have a Hopper3. Software version U939 12/11/2020. Boot strap 1014. Application Software AN459a. None of the afore mentioned work arounds work for me.
I have the same software version, boot strap, and application software as you. Just tested and the alternate method still works for me in my Hopper 3.

Could Scott or someone from Dish please report this issue to Dish. This is an important functionality that was previously present but was removed from the Hopper 3. As recently Scott opened a thread regarding OTA recording problems and I think this issue should also be addressed by Dish.
That is kind of what the sticky New Software threads are for, so we can report any issues we find with the software:
I assume that someone from Dish is monitoring those threads, especially if they actually get made sticky. (Subtle hint time, the above linked thread is still not sticky, but some of the older ones are still sticky.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts