Retailer falsely advertising Charleston/Huntington, WV locals now on DirecTv?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
I got a card in the mail today in which the main focus was that the Charleston/Huntington, WV locals are now on DirecTv ready to order. Is this false advertisement? I looked on DirecTv's website and there was no indication that these local stations were added yet.

I received a similar card for a retailer here in Abilene, TX. I was about to call them and see if they knew something I did not. Before I dialed I looked at the fine print on the bottom of the card. What they are doing is installing an OTA antenna free with installation. Look towards the bottom of your card and see if yours is the same.

I called the people and they said that they would be up on the 24th but a message came on before I talked to the lady about it and it said they were already up and thats what the card says. The card says nothing about an outdoor antenna, it says the locals are being received from the satellite.

The card lists NBC, ABC, FOX, and PBS. It does not mention CBS.

Stargazer, someone made a mistake.
You got the card two days early.
Geez, take D* and your local retailer to court if you like.
Is this error cause for such a federal case?

If the locals were already on you would be able to see them if you have the New Phase 3 sat. D* will be giving a 2 month free trail, while they work out the kinks. They are not up yet, they wont be on until tomorrow 24th. So calm down a little, just 24 hours left to go.

They have all the locals up for this area except channel 30 WCHP which is a kind of WB/UPN hybrid. That was the one channel I wanted so I could watch Enterprise.

Someone over at tivocommunity.com has called the station engineer for WCHP. They will be on DirecTV once they rent tower space to microwave their signal to DirecTV's Local Receive Facility.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

How to upgrade software on SAT-HD200 ?

What do I do with this nice,new DIRCTV smart card??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)