Retention department offerings

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LOBO2999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 1, 2004
Cumming, GA
I did a Search to see if this has been listed but couldn't find anything on it.
I called D today about a over charge on my bill and it was fix as always, but then I ask if I could be switch to the Retention Department to ask if anything was coming up for the HDTivo for new or old customers and she said nothing as of yet , But she said that they were helping customs out with there bills who have been with them for 2 years or more, she gave me my locals for free for 6 months and took $5 off my monthly bill . I don't know if everyone will get them same deal but I ask for sure if this was for everyone who has been with them for 2 years or more and she said yes.

Yup. I have had my locals for free for close to a year now, also had Starz free for 3 months.

I have gotten some great deals from them in terms of equipment. Got the $99 HD receiver, Phase III dish and install. Just last month I got a Tivo box from them for free including install and multiswitch.

Tonedeaf said:
Yup. I have had my locals for free for close to a year now, also had Starz free for 3 months.

I have gotten some great deals from them in terms of equipment. Got the $99 HD receiver, Phase III dish and install. Just last month I got a Tivo box from them for free including install and multiswitch.

How are you getting all that for free. I just switched to HD, got $100.00 credit since I was buying my receiver myself, they would not make any deals on the equipment for me and when I asked about getting my locals I was told there was an additional charge, got them anyway, but I have been with Direc for 7 years now.

:confused:

it depends on how long you have been with Directv, i received 150 credit for my ota (oct) antenna, a 200 credit towards purchase of my HD box (JUNE), Only paid 175 for a sony hd300 open box at circuit city. also 20 month off total choice premier for 6 months,Called about lack of olympics the night they were supposed to start. got off the phone and the olympics were on LOL (still recvd credit) free hd for 6 months (we are all getting that one i think)I i have also read here at the end of the seventh month , pay one full bill call retention dept and they will again give you $20 month discount for 6 months again. <<<dont know if that one will work but ill give it a shot feb

I wish I could get a good deal on an HD Tivo. That would complete my setup of having all DTivos in the house.

Sigh .....

Wife (not me!) wanted to make the move to HD. Played with it at the shop and wanted to know why "we didn't have it". However she is an NBC nut. Called D* last Friday, got transferred twice, dropped, called back and finally got through to the special markets or advanced tech dept (I forget what the called themselves). They assure me the distant NBC HD feed was available for my zip code, even offered to turn it on right then and there. Got what we wanted, wife will be happy and as a bonus ... new toys to play with.

Sony KP51WS520 arrived Monday, HR10-250 on Tuesday, activated and guess what? NBC not available after all. Called the local affiliate, worked my way up the president they will not budge (btw we get zero OTA but the affiliates all claim a grade b contour).

Called D* back told the 1st level CSR that I was disgruntled, but promised not to yell, swear, gnash teeth etc. Immediately she gave $20.00 off for six months and then I was transferred back to the people that handle the HD distants eligibility and was given an additional $20.00 per month for six months.

I don't know the 240.00 was completely worth it; would much rather have the NBC HD feed. As a side note, the equipment and pictures they produce are phenomenal - even on newer SD content. The older SD stuff is marginal, but very viewable.

wldlif7 said:
How are you getting all that for free. I just switched to HD, got $100.00 credit since I was buying my receiver myself, they would not make any deals on the equipment for me and when I asked about getting my locals I was told there was an additional charge, got them anyway, but I have been with Direc for 7 years now.

:confused:

If you're not hearing what you want, call back. It just takes the right person on the other end of the line.

Use leverage(going to cable or similar) when you are talking to them.

CablerMN ,

If you really can not get a signal OTA you can request a signal test. If it turns out you can not get a signal you get a waiver and the affiliate has to pay for the test. If you can then I believe you have to pay for the test.

Cabler
I noticed you are in Grand Rapids now :)

KBJR isn't O&O. Granite Broadcasting owns them. In GR, there is no way in heck you can get a HD signal there. Heck the analog feed (KRII) is Grade B in GR. They are on DirectV now :)

I checked an addy in the area and it says
WDIO/WIRT is Grade A
KDLH is Grade A (Via translator...laughter insues)
KRII is Grade B
KQDS is Grade A (via translator)

See if they can give you a waiver

Iceberg said:
Cabler I noticed you are in Grand Rapids now :)
Yes, but remarkably, my service isn't :smug

Neutron said:
Cabler, did you get the HD Tivo from the Retention Dept?
No, I paid for that, D* is not offering HDTivos in any form. However they do claim the 7.99/mo service plan covers it. Soooo I'm not sure how they replace them if they puke.

I would never dream of circumventing the LiL DMA rules. ;)

I do own the property where the account's service is established, but unfortunately, do not have my receivers continuously connected to a land based phone system since I use cellular instead. :D

Yeah .... that's it.

When I talked to the retention department they told me they would give me a $150 credit if I went out and got a HDTivo but thats not enough for me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts