retention discounts for existing customers out of contract?

am i the only one who has no problem paying the amount asked for a service that was being offered to me that i wanted ? loyalty discount ? what does even mean ? blackmail to keep my business ? i suspect my mortage co. would laugh in my face if i asked for that. maybe ill try it at the super market. your "discount" is being paid for by everyone who doesnt belive they are entitled to pay less because they are obviously happy, long term customers

My thought has always been it never hurts to ask.... In regards to your mortgage you can always ask them to refinance and you can always use a coupon at the super market.

My reason for asking for discounts from satellite providers is that they don't have a fixed price structure. Both D* and E* give favorable pricing to new customers. D* gives deep discounts to preferred customers for their cash cow, the NFLST.

any luck

My thought has always been it never hurts to ask.... In regards to your mortgage you can always ask them to refinance and you can always use a coupon at the super market.

So true. It never hurts to ask. Has anyone had any luck with this? I'm willing to renew my contract but Dish doesn't seem to want to keep me as a customer. The last time I asked I was told I could only receive a discount if I got new people to sign up for service and have them list me as a referral. Frankly I find that a bit insulting. Why would I do your work for you...especially when I am dissatified with the way you retain your customers. grr

If the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, it is probably due to an overflowing septic tank.

Maybe if Dish wasn't paying for loyalty discounts and other blackmail freebies, they could afford to pay for programming they had to cancel, and they could reach agreements with other providers to carry the HD version of their programming.

I cancelled Dish last week after 12 years and it was quite some work getting them to cancel. I was offered 3 months free HBO and Cinemax plus a free Roku box and a $10 off credit for 12 months. I did not accept as it still doesn't solve the problem with Dish dropping channels I like to watch. I am now with Bright House cable now and have AMC HD, IFC HD, WE HD, FEARnet HD, ME-TV, HERE TV, local forecast on the Weather Channel and for a few dollars less than I was paying Dish. The DVRs programming guide isn't as easy to read as the Dish guide but the DVR functions work great and the HD qulaity is excellent.

I cancelled Dish last week after 12 years and it was quite some work getting them to cancel. I was offered 3 months free HBO and Cinemax plus a free Roku box and a $10 off credit for 12 months. I did not accept as it still doesn't solve the problem with Dish dropping channels I like to watch. I am now with Bright House cable now and have AMC HD, IFC HD, WE HD, FEARnet HD, ME-TV, HERE TV, local forecast on the Weather Channel and for a few dollars less than I was paying Dish. The DVRs programming guide isn't as easy to read as the Dish guide but the DVR functions work great and the HD qulaity is excellent.

Sounds like a good deal ,except for the dvr part.

how is FEARnet? i know they have acquired the original tales from the crypt and that is suppose to start october 5th.

gpollock87 said:
how is FEARnet? i know they have acquired the original tales from the crypt and that is suppose to start october 5th.

I like Tales From The Crypt. I was upset when Syfy (then SciFi) and Chiller stopped airing it. I watched it in syndication on a local channel in the 90s; I also remember having a VHS tape of it. I have a DVD along with the boxsets (minus the last season). I also own the movies on DVD. :) I think the show is underrated today.

I like Tales From The Crypt. I was upset when Syfy (then SciFi) and Chiller stopped airing it. I watched it in syndication on a local channel in the 90s; I also remember having a VHS tape of it. I have a DVD along with the boxsets (minus the last season). I also own the movies on DVD. :) I think the show is underrated today.
I think FEARnet shows the cartoon as well. all this makes me want the channel even more!

gpollock87 said:
I think FEARnet shows the cartoon as well. all this makes me want the channel even more!

I actually have VHS tapes and DVDs of the cartoon, too! It was one of my favorite Saturday morning cartoons as a kid! Saturday mornings on the broadcast networks today are just not the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)