Retro Jams on Galaxy 10R at 123°W. No Audio!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Digital sound decoder for Fortec-Star Receiver

I recently installed a 33 inch dish with motor and still setting up channels with the PowerScan option. I also am using the Fortec-Star Mercury II receiver. I am told that I need to attach a digital audio decoder to receive the sound from these channels.
Any inexpensive solutions will be appreciated. Regards, George

Thanks tvropro for that info, never know when I might can use it. But, I don't have any problems with AC-3 on any channel of any of my receivers, except the Fortec Star Lifetime Classic N.A.
And on it, it works on all the channels I have come across with AC-3 audio, except Retro Jams..? It has to be an issue with the Fortec Star Lifetime Classic N.A. receiver..???
I appreciate you're trying to help though, maybe next time...?

Al I figured it out (why it doesnt work).......I just got my Classic from Sadoun (open box model) and the 2 spanish stations on G10 if you hit info it shows for audio
audio pid XX (AC-3)...the xx is the audio pid as what Lyngsat shows

but on Retro Jams it shows an audio pid of like 32677 or something really screwy.

The audio pid on the ABC station on G4/16 is correct too (matches with what Lyngsat shows) so its a glitch between the Classic and Retro Jams

I got the AC3 to work wonderfully well on the Fortec Mercury II, but it still does not work on either of my Fortec 5400NA, using the Sonic Headphones. I have gone thru the menus with the units side by side on two TVs - everything looks the same - I had to turn on SID? to get the Merc to work, but the 5400NA same change, not working! OH well I have it on one, now if I can get PBS --- MOM will be happy, too -QUILTING / Sewing programs on saturday1

Well the classic doesn't like Retro Jams :(

As noted above, the audio pid doesn't log. So I uploaded the channel list through the Fortec loader and then opened it in ChannelMaster. Changed the pid to 102 and clicked "AC3" and it shows when I save it as a Fortec file. But when I load it back into the box, it goes back to the oddball pid :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.