Retrofit DirecTV dish for OrbyTV?

i am using a dtv world direct dish with a circular lnb and a linear lnb and having no luck tuning in 117.should i take the circular lnb off and mount the linear in the middle of the arm?

Yes, give that a shot, use just the linear one.

Sent using Tapatalk

Reactions: FTA4PA
i am using a dtv world direct dish with a circular lnb and a linear lnb and having no luck tuning in 117.should i take the circular lnb off and mount the linear in the middle of the arm?
The linear LNB of a WD dish should already be in the center position of the LNB arm and the circular one for 101W DBS service to the side. So yes just remove the circular 101W LNB. And then try the following as I once private messaged another Orby sub.using the DIRECTV WD dish.

Go to dishpointer.com and put in your zip code or address and then under the "All Satellites" category select the "117W EUTELSAT 117 WEST B" satellite for the aiming coordinates. Orby TV service is actually located on the "WEST A" satellite, but dishpointer has no listing for it.

However, since the two satellites are co-located it shouldn't make any difference.
Remember for the WD dish tilt setting to
add positive "LNB skew" degrees from the
dishpointer coordinates to 90° to convert them to the dish tilt setting. Or subtract them from 90 for negative LNB skew degrees.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

so if my skew is around 38 i set it to 128 or so?
IIRC, when standing behind the WD DIRECTV dish. The dish degrees on the tilt plate are numbered 0 to 180° in a clockwise direction with 90° at the top of the arc when the dish is exactly level horizontally (meaning the LNB Skew is 0°).

For the Slimline it's 0 to 180° counterclockwise.

So for the WD dish if the dishpointer "LNB Skew" listed in the coordinates are positive then you would add 90° to convert. Or subtract the LNB Skew from 90° if the LNB Skew given by dishpointer is negative.

Vice-versa for the Slimline dish. ....

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

is it possible to just skew the lnb instead of the dish?
Nah ...

For elliptical dishes like the DIRECTV WD one, you have tilt the entire dish to skew the LNB.

Round dishes with linear LNBs are usually made that way to allow only the LNBF to be skewed. But not elliptical ones. ....

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)