returning a receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

directv newb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2012
columbus, oh.
Hey, I just have a question. I have a HR34 Genie (which I love) in my main room that I watch tv in. I am a single guy and I am the only one that watches the tv. I have a office in my house and I got a H24-700 to put with the smart tv that I have in there. I never watch tv in the office and in all this time I have only turned on the H24 twice in 2 or 3 years. The smart tv has built in Netflix and I get free Time Warner "super basic" cable that I can just plug in to the tv. I am not in any contract so I am thinking I will return the box, I have never returned any equipment before. When I call do I just talk to customer service and tell them? Will they try to entice me to keep the box? I think I will save $6.50/month is that correct, and can you see any reason that I am missing why I should keep it and not get rid of it? Any info would be helpful, thanks.

They will send a return box for you, and you will save $6.50/month. You will still have to pay the WH fee even though you will only have the Genie.

Reactions: directv newb
Yup, just call in , tell them you want to turn off that particular box .. recvr ID number or Access Card number whichever they ask, or they probably have thi s info as well.

Once you turn it off, they should send you a return box within a week or so, pack it up in the box, place the supplied return label and drop it off, it really pretty easy. (Post office, Fed Ex or UPS depending).

OR they could just tell you to keep it as they don't need or want it back.
That too happens often.

Reactions: directv newb
Make sure to keep a copy of the tracking number and track it until it gets to DIRECTV®. Sometimes DIRECTV® "forgets" that they received your box and you wind up being charged for it.

Reactions: Zashel
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)