Returning customer to directv and switching to dsl

Status
Please reply by conversation.

storey13

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 14, 2008
I will be switching back to Directv from Comcast in the next week or so, and also want to get att dsl as well. Does anyone know if I would get a better offer if I sign up for both over the phone with directv rather than order the dsl online through att.com?

I received one of the returning customer letters in the mail, and directv is offering me a gift card to cover the comcast cancellation fees, plus the new customer offer. The rep on the phone also said that I could get a 3rd HD box for free after bill credit (She said she wasn't able to credit the 3rd hd box instantly).

From what I can tell, I will get the $10 off my directv bill per month no matter which way I order the dsl. What I wanted to know is if anyone has any experience ordering att dsl through directv phone reps? Right now on att.com, you can get att 6.0 dsl for 24.95 a month for 1 year with no home phone line, but you have to pay $75 for the wireless gateway modem, or you can get the dsl with a home phone line with local calls only for 34.95 per month, which I think would give me a $15 a month discount with directv? Basically I'm just trying to get the best deal. My comcast bill is out of control and I am locked in another year with them, plus I really want to watch fox soccer channel and all of the st. louis blues hockey games in high def on nhl center ice. I never wanted to leave directv, but I moved and my landlord at the time was very adamant about not having a dish on his property (I couldn't get a signal with otard rules). Thanks in advance!

Just an update. I called Directv and spoke with someone in the "bundle" dept, and the offers weren't as good as going through att.com. So is the discount just $5 a month when you get just dsl? Do you get any more discount if you get dsl and home phone?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts