reversing lnb poarity

Status
Please reply by conversation.

brucedawg1

Feb 28, 2012
ontario
reversing lnb polarity

looking for informatiion on reversing the polarity of circular lnbs. From what I have read channels and providers determiine whether its a V or H but its the lnb dielctric placement that has to be changed too change the polarity. I purchaasea T-55 and have my older lnbs from an ecliptical dish. Lookoing for any pictures that show the guts of an lnb or the changes made to the dielectric placement. As far as lnb makes...not positive but one is a focus and digiwave and I think a royal.

thanks

Last edited:
??? If your LNB's are mounted to a feedhorn, the dielectric plate is in the feedhorn throat. Usually the feedhorn incorporates a servo to move the probe to get the other polarity. Most Ku LNBF's have 2 probes, one for each polarity. Which polarity(probe) is selected is determined by the LNB voltage. In each instance the dielectric plate does not need to be repositioned.
have my older lnbs from an ecliptical dish
Maybe asking what you're trying to do, and the model numbers of your "older lnbs", which could actually be LNBFs, would result in better answers.
O, BTW: :welcome

A T-55 is a toroidal dish with a Gregorian reflector element. Since it has an extra reflector, the handedness of circularly-polarized signals gets reversed. It sounds like he wants to hack up some existing LNBs for a Dish or DirecTV subscription rather than buy the reversed-polarity ones that the dish manufacturer sells.

snip snip here,snip snip there.
there was once a pdf on converting old lnbs.
In my archives somewhere.You had to cut circuit traces and re-wire.

snip, snip, snip ...

You can't rewire it - have you seen dtv/dish LNBFs inside - see posted pictures in my posts a few years ago? Reprogramming switch matrix chip, but you should have knowledge...

jpegs

actually it was a series of jpegs and not a pdf.
Original author unknown, type lnb unknown.

Attachments

• reverse lnb.jpg
    reverse lnb.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 142
  • reverse lnb2.jpg
    reverse lnb2.jpg
    461.5 KB · Views: 142
  • reverse lnb3.jpg
    reverse lnb3.jpg
    447.6 KB · Views: 139
  • reverse lnb4.jpg
    reverse lnb4.jpg
    472 KB · Views: 134
  • reverse lnb5.jpg
    reverse lnb5.jpg
    459.1 KB · Views: 166
I recall these pictures ...

Definitely not DP type, but looks like as old 'legacy' circular dish LNBF.

Let me get that box with my 'lobotomized' LNBFs ...

If the toroidal dish and a regular circular LNBF and is to be used with a FTA receiver, it is easy just to exchange vertical transponders to be horizontal and horizontal to vertical or erase all transponders and blind scan. No need for modifying the LNBF.

Just had a chance to get back to this message. I have been trying to lock in on one Sat first using a T-55 dish. What I'm trying to accomplish is...... to get 82w,91w,110w, 119w, and 129 in ont. Im using an elevation of 34 shew at 71 and azimuth of 127. Played around with this with a signal meter and i seem to have a signal of 95 percent b no quality.. I have a nano premium receiver using sat 110 and tp of 12282. Im only using one lnb for now to get just one sat in first. The lmb is an emp model N88k Freq 12.2-12.7ghz l.o. 11.25ghz an I.F of 950-1450mhz and the noise is 0.3db. I have been just reversing the tp polarity on the nano from V to H for vaious tp. Signal is always hi but no Quality. Either this lnb wont except the changed polarity or theres more to polarity changing then meets the eye. Anyone getting these sats using a T-55 and what lnbs are you using for each i guess is my question? dont mind buying new if the lnbs work. Cheep isnt always good but again if it works. thanks for any help

If the toroidal dish and a regular circular LNBF and is to be used with a FTA receiver, it is easy just to exchange vertical transponders to be horizontal and horizontal to vertical or erase all transponders and blind scan. No need for modifying the LNBF.

best advice here....all you need to do is blind scan....your receiver will set the polarity on its own

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts