Reverted back

I'm going to try a experiment tonight around midnight.now that the new ui install combo acts like the nightly update I'm going to see if I can force my nightly update around midnight instead of 1:20 just because....

I've tried it about 5 times on my Hopper 2 and every time it just reboots and goes back to the standby screen. I even tried the "download later" option, thinking it would download over night, but it didn't.

Reactions: bobvick
I don't understand why dish would have the first beta out there to download and allow it to be downloaded knowing that they already have a more stable version. If they want a true feedback on how the software is working than allow the most recent version to be tested.I think everyone here in the forum would be able to give the best report on any issues. I would say that most of dishes customers don't give a damn about a new Carbon guide they just want it to work .we here at satellites guys actually care. So dish if you want a true beta test than give us the newest version.

I don't understand why dish would have the first beta out there to download and allow it to be downloaded knowing that they already have a more stable version. If they want a true feedback on how the software is working than allow the most recent version to be tested.I think everyone here in the forum would be able to give the best report on any issues. I would say that most of dishes customers don't give a damn about a new Carbon guide they just want it to work .we here at satellites guys actually care. So dish if you want a true beta test than give us the newest version.
I don't understand this either. Maybe Scott can work his magic and get Dish to let us get the most current beta

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones....I tried a bunch of times to force a download then gave up, waiting for the nightly download to take care of it. I didn't even get that! I'm still on S528 from october!

It would be interesting to see someone update to Carbon again and see tonight if it reverts.
They've killed the update "server" that the receiver pulls the s/w from when using this trick though. Well, at least they've changed something 'cause nothing gets downloaded (according to some that have tried again).

If we're lucky, they'll add much more current s/w to this and allow people that know the trick to get a "sneak preview" again.

Just checked the available Joey software on my hopper and the only available version is U152. If the hopper doesn't have the older version the joeys won't revert. Guess we are stuck until the final release.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts