Reverted back

This falls under the warning Dish have about doing this at our own risk... And that we're unsupported at this point.
And yet it seems folks are doing exactly what Scott said not to do and are calling Dish for support / tech visits. Good luck with that.

Reactions: DWS44
Chances are good if a tech replaces the joeys / super joeys that they will grab the carbon software from the hopper since that may be a later version stored on the Hopper.

Reactions: Ngamtns706
Scott, I don't think so. The HWS now has the released 'current' software on it so it should hold the SJ at whatever is current for it.
As to calling Dish, well I didn't ask them for help with the test version, just to fix it so that the HWS and SJ worked together as they are supposed to. Frankly if Dish hadn't seemingly pulled the server with the test software, we could have just reinstalled that on the HWS. IOW, Dish caused the issue.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

Scott, I don't think so. The HWS now has the released 'current' software on it so it should hold the SJ at whatever is current for it.
As to calling Dish, well I didn't ask them for help with the test version, just to fix it so that the HWS and SJ worked together as they are supposed to. Frankly if Dish hadn't seemingly pulled the server with the test software, we could have just reinstalled that on the HWS. IOW, Dish caused the issue.

How are you certain that you have the current Joey software? The Hopper software and the Joey software are mutually exclusive. Go into your system diagnostics on the Hopper and it will tell you what it has for available Joey software. If you see any U versions hat is still Carbon.

You are very wrong. Just because the hopper downloaded the current release of the Software doesn't mean it did as well for the Joeys. You can check by hitting menu on the remote twice and see what it has for the joeys. Any software version that starts with "U" is carbon and that is what every joey will pull.

You are very wrong. Just because the hopper downloaded the current release of the Software doesn't mean it did as well for the Joeys. You can check by hitting menu on the remote twice and see what it has for the joeys. Any software version that starts with "U" is carbon and that is what every joey will pull.
Yeah, I just looked. The only fix then would be to replace the HWS and let it fix the SJ overnight, or at least that is what it seems to me to be the procedure.

Yeah, I just looked. The only fix then would be to replace the HWS and let it fix the SJ overnight, or at least that is what it seems to me to be the procedure.

Or maybe just wait until after the holiday when the Dish tech folks are back and they'll probably fix the software. That's what 'at your own risk' and 'will not support' means.

There are three courses of action:
1) Replace the Hopper so it has the correct Joey software - this gets you running quicker
2) See if Dish will refresh the Joey software on these Hoppers to downgrade the joeys for your installation - Who knows when that may happen
3) Stand pat and wait for the Carbon release on the Hopper which will update everything to Carbon

I had one retailer tell me he replace his super Joey and when he did the Super Joey downloaded the Carbon software to the Super Joey again.

I can only report what people are telling me. I didn't download the Carbon UI myself.

YOUR actions, which everyone was warned about, is what led to the situation you are in. It's not Dish's responsibility to fix it now.

In all seriousness, the folks in the s/w engineering group aren't 24 hours a day personnel or working weekends. This situation is one they'll fix when and if they feel like it. Will they? I do think so... People will start calling in to get replacements (which won't work as-is).

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Nope, the one and only thing Dish swore wouldn't happen was for it to revert. They insisted that was just not possible.

Nope, the one and only thing Dish swore wouldn't happen was for it to revert. They insisted that was just not possible.

They never said it wasn't possible. They said they wouldn't support you and revert you back if you had problems. They ones that were reverted back I am pretty sure were ones that were S528 and dish pushed the S529 update to another group. Not their fault. Stop trying to make it their fault. They did nothing wrong.

They absolutely said that it wasn't possible! And on more than one occasion.

Please share where dish said it wasn't possible. You can always revert back. Its pretty much a computer. You can always go back to older software. Dish said they wouldn't go back for you. They can't help that our equipment was next in line for the S529 update. Its a beta things happen. Get over it.

They never said it wasn't possible. They said they wouldn't support you and revert you back if you had problems. They ones that were reverted back I am pretty sure were ones that were S528 and dish pushed the S529 update to another group. Not their fault. Stop trying to make it their fault. They did nothing wrong.
Incorrect because both my Hopper 2's were at S529 before I tried out the new UI and they went back to S529. Since I have no Joeys at least I don't have a problem that they went back.

Just read right here on this site, plenty of posts that said just that.
And I am over it. But I won't be an apologist for dish in this instance.

Incorrect because both my Hopper 2's were at S529 before I tried out the new UI and they went back to S529. Since I have no Joeys at least I don't have a problem that they went back.
Thank you for clearing that up! I wasn't sure as everyone I had spoken to was on S528 when they updated. Still not Dish's fault or responsibility IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts