Reverted back

Just read right here on this site, plenty of posts that said just that.
And I am over it. But I won't be an apologist for dish in this instance.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk
And this is exactly why Scott didn't want to allow this to happen to begin with.
Did you happen to read any of that?
Did you happen to notice multiple post were removed.
It's been stated multiple times this was at your own risk.
And also Don't Contact Dish CSRs.
And was also stated Multiple times it will not revert back.
And technically it had not reverted back .
Sure you have the same software version but clearly it's not the same as before since the Joeys don't have the proper software version in the Hopper.

So again it was stated you'd be stuck. And Clearly that is the case.
150% your own fault!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

And this is exactly why Scott didn't want to allow this to happen to begin with.
Sure you have the same software version but clearly it's not the same as before since the Joeys don't have the proper software version in the Hopper.

150% your own fault!

I wish we could like a post more than once!!!

Reactions: Rotryrkt
I wish we could like a post more than once!!!
Thanks I did those CEs for Directv back in 2008-2010, and I have to be honest it was a Joke an a half.
Worst thing IMO is involving the public to beta test.
I think this is why Dish and Tivo are so successful at making there software functional.
Because they take in Suggestions and keep the result in a closed environment for testing . (For the most Part) Not public beta testing

It's not Helpful when you are replacing bricked equipment because the customer decided to use the only Hopper on his account.
That isn't constructive at all, it could just be something so simple to fix in the In-house testing.
But may never know, because everyone just assumes it's trashed.

I think we should just let the professionals handle it.

Reactions: Patrick Smith

150% your own fault!

Well put, but all of this assumes that everyone reads every word of every post in a thread. Anyone who's spent any time here knows that clearly doesn't happen here....

Well put, but all of this assumes that everyone reads every word of every post in a thread. Anyone who's spent any time here knows that clearly doesn't happen here....
Well that's also their own fault lol.
It's also leased equipment, and that means you don't own it.
So , You really should know what you are doing before you do it.

Just some followup. Changed out the Hopper after I archived those recordings I wouldn't be able to re-acquire in some way. All went well as expected, including restoring all timers and such from the remote.

Overnight the SJ re-acquired the release software. Did require a hard reset of the SJ and a full checkswitch test for all to be working correctly. So now all 5 tuners are available and all is working as it should be.

Now I've had my run with the new UI and can wait for the actual release. Seems to me that when the new UI rolls out that it will be a 2 night event. First night put it on the Hopper, 2nd night for Joeys and SuperJoeys to get it from the Hopper. Or possibly they could stuff the new UI Joey/SuperJoey software onto the Hopper which wouldn't be apparent to the user, then 2nd night stuff the Hopper and the Joeys/SuperJoeys would pick up the new UI at that time. Will be interesting to see how that is actually rolled out.

BTW, the tech said they were getting the H3s late this week but didn't know when installs for them would actually start. For me going forward, I'll get the H3 and get rid of the HWS/SJ setup I have now as I actually only have the SJ for the extra tuners. Monthly cost will go down, upfront costs are unknown/uncertain at this point.

Seems to me that when the new UI rolls out that it will be a 2 night event. First night put it on the Hopper, 2nd night for Joeys and SuperJoeys to get it from the Hopper.
No, it's a one-shot deal. After my Hopper was up and running with the new UI, I went to the Joey, plugged it back in to power and after a few minutes, it began the process of updating s/w on it's own. Less than 30 minutes later, it was done. It was much quicker, mostly because it didn't need to download the s/w as it was already on the Hopper.

Interesting. In my case, the HWS got the new UI but the SJ didn't until the next night. From what you are saying it appears it will be the same way as most if not all, users wouldn't have their joeys/SJs disconnected the night of the rollout. Especially considering that you really don't know when the rollout will occur and that it will probably roll out like all other updates, i.e.; not all at one night.

We'll know soon I suppose... :)

As an aside, changing the Hopper also fixed an issue I hadn't given much thought about. I was seeing many recordings getting 'broken' into 2 or 3 parts. I just thought it was a signal glitch, but turns out it was the HWS I had or at least it seems so.

as most if not all, users wouldn't have their joeys/SJs disconnected the night of the rollout.
Yes, true. I was told the pull the power from the Joey before I did the update (on the Hopper). The instructions given here didn't include that step, nor was it absolutely mandatory as it worked without that being done.

Because when the Hopper got rolled back, the Joeys and Super Joeys could only watch a live channel on the Hopper. Can't watch recordings from them either. Essentially making them very dumb terminals.

Reactions: D. Manley
Because when the Hopper got rolled back, the Joeys and Super Joeys could only watch a live channel on the Hopper. Can't watch recordings from them either. Essentially making them very dumb terminals.

Yep. I've got 2 Joeys that are good for live TV only - not even the EPG works. Not a big deal for me though, I can live without them while awaiting the H3 & I'll cross that bridge then.

As I mentioned before, customers will start calling Dish, playing dumb about the update they initiated, and they'll get a replacement Joey. It will get hooked up, pull the Carbon UI software from the Hopper, and nothing will be "fixed". If that gets repeated a few times, someone at Dish will notice. It costs Dish a lot of money to handle the phone calls, ship products, return products, and repeat this.

I am waiting until wednesday then i will call dish for replacement. :) or maybe wait and get hopper3... I am happy i ruined the leased recievers though amd glad they are not mine. :)

As I mentioned before, customers will start calling Dish, playing dumb about the update they initiated, and they'll get a replacement Joey. It will get hooked up, pull the Carbon UI software from the Hopper, and nothing will be "fixed". If that gets repeated a few times, someone at Dish will notice. It costs Dish a lot of money to handle the phone calls, ship products, return products, and repeat this.

Correct. Replacing the Joey doesn't fix anything, replacing the Hopper will though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)