Review: Azbox Elite HD FTA Receiver

yep, that's the seller I got mine from. Quick shipping from them, looks like the raised their bid price though, so curioussmurf, the price that I told you I got mine at, they might not accept any more. When I got mine, their starting bid was $299

Yeah, this is the same seller I purchased mine from too. I offered $260 and used an Ebay % off coupon to sweeten the deal a little further. They definitely raised the price...maybe because this is such a great little box!!!

Ok two questions...

Is there an info button I can hit to see the channels details (frequency AID Pid and stuff like that?)

I have a GBOX unit to control my Dish. And I can move the Dish using DISEQC however I can not get it to save positions in the AZ Box. How do I save the DISEQC positions on the AZ box?

good questions. I can't get it to keep positions at all.

my arc is good too, I can get birds from 30w to 148w.

I wiped the sg2100 and tried USALs to no avail.

I might have to bribe somebody to come show me.

Ok two questions...

Is there an info button I can hit to see the channels details (frequency AID Pid and stuff like that?)

I have a GBOX unit to control my Dish. And I can move the Dish using DISEQC however I can not get it to save positions in the AZ Box. How do I save the DISEQC positions on the AZ box?

I used the AZBox Editor to set each satellite up for using a motor and put in the numbers for the positions.

My GBox was already programmed with those numbers.

After creating your satellite list and entering your position numbers, just start at the center and move the dish to each satellite, tune it in with side to side clicks, and then press save in the satellite setup menu.

That should take care of it.

1 thing to keep in mind Scott, when you move you're dish East or West, with the Azbox remote it would switch to the 1st TP in its list, as soon as you move E or W, so if the 1st TP is inactive you will see no signal. this has been a bug in their soft-ware from day 1.

on mine here did the same as Linux did with the position #s using the editor, because the AZ replaced a Pan-9000 running a 10-footer.

Here is some more issues I am having with my AZBOX.

Looks like for now I will need to use me Fortec Mercury II as my main box and slave the AZBOX off of it.

When they get these bugs out of the AZBOX it is going to be a truely kick ass box!

Unfortunately the USALS (which was working fine for me after the last firmware update) does not work with the GBOX which uses DISEQC 1.2 only.

If they made a GBOX which uses USALS that would be the ultimate, but because of the way actuator technology is I don't think that going to happen.

Unfortunately the USALS (which was working fine for me after the last firmware update) does not work with the GBOX which uses DISEQC 1.2 only.

If they made a GBOX which uses USALS that would be the ultimate, but because of the way actuator technology is I don't think that going to happen.

I hear ya pal, needing that GBOX to move your new 8ft toy :D

my digiwave sg2100 not so good I take it.

No wonder your sponsor clearance priced them. I was really hoping to win that other one

It works ok with DISEQC 1.2 on my coolsat with a bunch of fiddling and tweeking position

my digiwave sg2100 not so good I take it.

No wonder your sponsor clearance priced them. I was really hoping to win that other one

It works ok with DISEQC 1.2 on my coolsat with a bunch of fiddling and tweeking position

There is a big long thread about SG2100 USALS issues, but the gist of it is that if you add N° to your Latitude it will be closer to working. I think the original discoverer of that workaround needed to add 40 something degrees. Mine works by roughly doubling my Latitude. Might be coincidence, might be what is needed. My 37.1°N becomes 74.2° (well I used 75° I think) and it tracks fairly well. DiSEqC 1.2 is reliable is my understanding. I've been using USALS with the workaround for the moment, but it is on my secondary dish which moves less.

i dont think 186 will work. thanks, i have some research to get to.

edit:

could a guy make a null modem cable and just plug a laptop straight into the azbox and run the editor that way?

Last edited:
I ordered Azbox elite from ebay seller : stbstreaming.
I tried calling his shop no answer, emailed about shipping no replies at all bit worried how genuine is this seller.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)