Review: Azbox Elite HD FTA Receiver

It records, anything particular you are looking for?

Honestly I want to record a bunch of video from Retro Jams and rip them into individual video files, then load them into my computer I have in the truck so I can have a mobile video jukebox. :D

I have tried finding 70's and 80's music videos to buy that have no DRM so I can load them on my car PC, but have not found anything.. And I have been willing to pay for them.

Well, I decided to order one tonight, looks like it's a birthday present to me:)

I will end up selling my SV8000HD to offset the cost...

Cannot wait till I get it

I would rather get it from Rick then some no name off ebay. :)

Rick has been around for a long time and I trust him and his service.

Excuse my ignorance. Who is Rick? Where is his Web link or contact info?

Edit: Never mind, I found it.

Last edited:
there is some youtube vids on the azbox

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIfa-VbaJdM&feature=related]YouTube - Menu of AZBOX HD[/ame]

So far, nothing new / changed

So these fixes were applied in the last one?

Limitation
- MPEG2 HD 4:2:2 video is supported.
But H264 HD 4:2:2 video is not supported, currently.

Fix
- When you try to configure DISPLAY, system is crashed.

Fix
- Wrong time information of progress bar on youtube

Fix
- Macrovision-protected

Fix
- Can't play the movie with high resolution(over 1280 X 1080)

Fix
- At ISO files, language detection don't work (Audio: English 5.1 / Spanish 5.1 / Portuguese 5.1 ).
Only have English and at subtitles the same (Subtitles: English, Spanish, Portuguese) only show English
(Use root menu for changing audio track)

Fix
- Can't play OGG

Fix
- At Diseqc1.2 add possibility to use stored positions on motor,
for example I already have stored diseqc1.2 positions on motor using other STB or a external positions, like Hotbird at position 12 of Diseqc1.2,
i should be able to go to antenna configuration and define Hotbird Position - 12

Add
- Hot Key for restarting openxcas modules
(Use "Forward Seek Key"(****|) on Live TV mode)

Add
- Support DVD/CD Drives over USB

That's what I wonder , too. I have an AZBOX coming , and have been worried about the issue when changing display mode from composite to component. This patch implies a fix to that problem.
Can't say that I've seen it solved in earlier patches. Rick says my box will ship Monday, so by this time next week, I'll have some firsthand data .
:)

Using the "Resolution" button on the remote does not put it into PAL as before.

Brent, not to really worry, Rick will put it into NTSC before shipping.

hmmm very tempting. An ebay seller has it for $299 shipped Conus.

Item number: 260424202810

FWIW I have never had mine crash messing with the resolution, running HDMI.

NOW, at first I got more than a little concerned, because the azbox cycles through ALL the possible resolutions it can handle no matter if you have it in PAL or NTSC, so if you get to 1080p NTSC the next thing you will see if you press again is a black screen, because it reverts to PAL 480i,480p,720p,1080i,1080p, THEN it starts NTSC 480i,480p,etc.

Only time I have had to reset mine was when I did a master reset messing with the channel lists when I first got my machine.

IMO this issue is NOT something to worry about, and I think Lak_7 will agree with me. :)

IMO this issue is NOT something to worry about, and I think Lak_7 will agree with me.
Yes I agree.
Everything in the "Fix List" has been a non issue.
You can now assign the DiSEqC 1.2 position in the Sat Setup Menu, beats loading / uploading using the PC.
My only issues with the unit is it still can't Time Shift / Record High Bit Rate feeds, and the Editor can't send the Channel / Sat files back to the unit.
But I only use it as a Sat receiver, not a Multi Media Center.

At $299, I think that is a steal.

FWIW I have never had mine crash messing with the resolution, running HDMI.

Stogie, I have had mine crash an get lock up in a booting mode, not with the resolution button on remote, but in the audio/video settings of the menu, an it was by changing video format from CVS to RGB, an this was with its orgenal firm-ware it came with. now with the 2163 firm-ware I see that selection has been replaced in that part on the menu with "scart option". but lock mine up good, was a good learning curve here on what to mess with or not.

Lak any advantages on using the new firm-ware, right now don't see any thing that would pertain here. unless you can store a satellite location # of 55 or higher for its position, would be my only reason to up grade.

Cap,

While it shows up to 125, I tried to save a position at 65, my GBox flashed (showing the existing position 21), but did not save as position 65.

Linuxman asked about it handling Disecq 1.1 switches, and implored me to take pictures...so here they are.....sorry for the blurriness, seems that since Canon has worked on my camera, it has broken the auto focus.... :(

Attachments

• IMG_4417.JPG
    IMG_4417.JPG
    205 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_4418.JPG
    IMG_4418.JPG
    242.6 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_4419.JPG
    IMG_4419.JPG
    194.6 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_4420.JPG
    IMG_4420.JPG
    237.5 KB · Views: 269

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts