Review: Azbox Elite HD FTA Receiver

It certainly looks like ( if my math is right) you could use a MS4x4 ( the 22khz switching) with the committed and uncommitted switches to get about 64 birds ( both polarities). You don't have 64 dishes out in the backyard, do you? :)

Net yet anyway! :)

But I do have 28 so far, and the Diamond is capable of 64.

I just want to make sure that this one is capable of the same thing before I make a purchase. :D

It certainly looks like ( if my math is right) you could use a MS4x4 ( the 22khz switching) with the committed and uncommitted switches to get about 64 birds ( both polarities). You don't have 64 dishes out in the backyard, do you? :)

Hey all, new here, loved the review and the great info you posted around here. I do have a question. Do you know if Azbox supports Irdeto and cccam? I don't even know if what I'm asking is correct, but I think cccam is streaming the keywords for the channel decryption, right? Does it work with this box?

Got mine in today and got it all hooked up. Doing a firmware update now to it. :)

Also got a note from AZbox that the GoGo lists are in progdvb format. I still say it would be cool to be able to use TheList to generate your own custom GoGo lists. :)

Used it most of the night and this morning. The USALS works great with my motor.

4:2:2 works, have been watching AMC1 most of the night and this morning. :D

Got mine in today and got it all hooked up. Doing a firmware update now to it. :)

Also got a note from AZbox that the GoGo lists are in progdvb format. I still say it would be cool to be able to use TheList to generate your own custom GoGo lists. :)
Did you do the upgrade by downloading and installing it from their Website or did you do it via automatic internet upgrade?

Used it most of the night and this morning. The USALS works great with my motor.

4:2:2 works, have been watching AMC1 most of the night and this morning. :D

The more I read about this AZBox the more I want to get one.:cool:

The OS is linux, so probably won't work, but has anyone tried to surf to Hulu with the browser?

...My only issues with the unit is it still can't Time Shift / Record High Bit Rate feeds...

Maybe the failure to record high bit rate channels may be due to writing to a Windows formatted drive and not a linux format (ext2/3)?

OMG I can't believe the hype , the excitement ........................ ok have to contol myself here.

I just made a purchase for the AZBOX HD ELITE , can't wait to play with it.

Are most users looping out from a master receiever such as coolsat 5k , only asking because of blindscan ?

BTW paid $305 including shipping and insurance.

Did you do the upgrade by downloading and installing it from their Website or did you do it via automatic internet upgrade?
I did it via the internet upgrade button.

The more I read about this AZBox the more I want to get one.:cool:
The strange part of it is it does not feel like a Satellite Receiver, its more like Satellite TV is a Plugin in this giant media center controller. :)

OMG I can't believe the hype , the excitement ........................ ok have to contol myself here.

I just made a purchase for the AZBOX HD ELITE , can't wait to play with it.

Are most users looping out from a master receiever such as coolsat 5k , only asking because of blindscan ?

BTW paid $305 including shipping and insurance.

:eek:Has Rick's reduced his price, or did you buy from another source?

Jayelem -
First thing to do is update the Firm.
The Channel List from the Orig Firm is not compatible with later Firms.

Ok will do when it arrives , was just thinking about us Midwest locals who don't live that far from each other , TVROPRO , Goalie Bob , and yourself well obviously you already have the AZbox , I can pick up a 2nd unit for $269 using an online coupon (I would've used it had I noticed , but it probably wasn't there before my purchase) , coupon is good till June 18th .

I did the automatic update from the internet and after that, I put a USB thumbdrive in and it recognized that it was an update to the firmware and prompted me to update to the 2238 version and did the update automatically.

One bug I noticed is that if you disconnect the power, it loses the USALS location information.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts