Review: Azbox Elite HD FTA Receiver

It May be Too late But My neighbor bought One From There the big E It only worked For 4 Hours and They would have nothing to do with it told him it was between him and the manufacture lucky he was able to get his money back threw pay pal.

It May be Too late But My neighbor bought One From There the big E It only worked For 4 Hours and They would have nothing to do with it told him it was between him and the manufacture lucky he was able to get his money back threw pay pal.

Sorry to hear about your neighbors bad experiences , I'm not about to dwell on a STB being DOA because of someone elses experience , If you do your homework with sellers online be it feedback or other peoples experiences and recommendations you have a better than good chance of being satisfied with the outcome .

I did the automatic update from the internet and after that, I put a USB thumbdrive in and it recognized that it was an update to the firmware and prompted me to update to the 2238 version and did the update automatically.

One bug I noticed is that if you disconnect the power, it loses the USALS location information.

If you updated via the internet, so why use the ThumbDrive to update?:confused:

Where are the firmware updates found? I looked at that Azbox web page, and it didn't look like the downloads page was working yet, although I probably missed something.

Also, I'm curious, in reading through all 120 msgs today, I saw a couple things I didn't quite understand. First, it seems like this thing will take streamed video off the internet, but I didn't see any mention of whether you could stream to it from something like TSREADER. This would be handy to me since I don't find it easy to connect both C and Ku to my receivers at the same time, (I tried using a 22khz switch, but since C-band is always powered, there was no way to view Ku due to the leakage from C-band). I thought I could hook this receiver to my motorized Ku, and stream C-band from a PC card.

Also, I think I read something about HD playback being limited to 20mbps. Is that still the case? Is it that it can't record faster than that, or can't play back? Does this apply to playing back files over the network recorded on other devices? I'm not sure whether I remember anyone mentioning what format recordings are in?

I'm interested in being able to time delay HD that is faster than 20 MBPS, and I'm assuming that the PVR time shift function would also be affected by any speed limit, so I was thinking that if I started a recording with a PC receiver, then played it back via the AZbox, that would give me a time shift, providing that it can play back other media that's faster than 20 mbps. (not sure that made sense).

Why don't I see any tuner modules for sale anywhere? Are they not available yet?

This receiver is getting more and more interesting. :)

If you updated via the internet, so why use the ThumbDrive to update?:confused:

Latest version link was posted on Rick's so I downloaded it, after updating the latest official version, I just installed the one that I downloaded (I did not check for another automatic update since I already had the latest on my thumbdrive, I just know that the newest one listed on the automatic update was v. 2163

Several PM's received about online coupon.

10% off Tech Coupon—save up to $100
Who's eligible?
Only invited, registered eBay users who receive the coupon by email from PayPal or see the coupon in My eBay are eligible. Sorry, no forwarding—the coupon is not transferable.

Yup been looking at that same seller, might buy soon too. :up
For all the good Rick has done for the FTA community I would buy it from
him instead of the guy on ebay.You see a few post earlier in the thread.The guy got a bad box from the seller on ebay and he told the guy.Don't talk to me talk to the manufactuer.You would never get a negative response like that from Rick.He takes
care of his customers.Rick is one of the most honest and caring peolpe you could ever meet.His price is a little higher than the ones on ebay.The service and all the things Rick has done for the FTA community outweights the cheaper price on ebay in my opinion.

All I've ever heard about Rick is good things , been over to his Gofastmotorsports and I've also looked at the forum on several occasions , no matter what forum I've been to if Rick's name came up so did the term classy guy.

I'm not really sure what happened to our member here who's friend had a faulty receiver , I know (or at least heard) from reading that this stb isn't that easy to operate , I'd like to know if the person with the bad receiver has since gotten another Azbox HD Elite and if they are now using it without issues.

I appreciate our Gold sponsors here , made many purchases from them (in fact bought 3 x 90cm Fortec dishes from sadoun alone not counting LNB's , motor , etc..) but I also happen to be frugal and I'm always looking for a good deal , I lost my main income job recently but still kept my part time in the service industry which is in the hurt because of our present day economy , I made my purchase based on what I felt I could afford and also trying to justify the purchase because I don't need it but really wanted it after hearing so much.

I wish Rick @ GoFastMotorSports the best .

My box has arrived. Loading the latest firmware from USB hard drive, wouldn't recognize the USB stick that was plugged in. Then I'll change the language to English in all the appropriate spots, and get to work. Initially it will be slaved to the Merc II ( off a 3x4 switch ).
:)

Enjoy! Due to my work schedule I won't have a chance to really test my Azbox until Tuesday or Wednesday next week. Being that we are both starting to play with it at the same time I'll be interested to hear about your experience with the new unit.

Phil

I would still like to know where you find the firmware for the Azbox. The Azbox web page download section doesn't work, and when I googled, I get only european sites that seem to have non factory firmware.

I am having a problem with the Azbox, I can run my stab, scan Ku sats without problems but I have not been able to get ANY quality on known Cband signals. I am showing a signal strength of 89 to 95% but no quality. I am using a Geosatpro C2 LNBF, LO is set to 5150 and NOTHING. I hooked the Satlook meter up and I am on AMC11 and able to tune into C-span with the meter on that showing HI, so signal is not a problem, I've never had a LNBF before, usually I slaved my standard LNB from my DSR-922 to tune in, but now with a LNBF, is a 5150 not the correct setting??? HELP

I am having a problem with the Azbox, I can run my stab, scan Ku sats without problems but I have not been able to get ANY quality on known Cband signals. I am showing a signal strength of 89 to 95% but no quality. I am using a Geosatpro C2 LNBF, LO is set to 5150 and NOTHING. I hooked the Satlook meter up and I am on AMC11 and able to tune into C-span with the meter on that showing HI, so signal is not a problem, I've never had a LNBF before, usually I slaved my standard LNB from my DSR-922 to tune in, but now with a LNBF, is a 5150 not the correct setting??? HELP

what are you using to switch between c and ku? Yes 5150 is the correct setting. Look at my pics in the beginning of this thread, I am using a voltage controlled C/Ku LNB with a 4X1 disecq switch, with position 1 being C and position 4 being Ku.

what are you using to switch between c and ku? Yes 5150 is the correct setting. Look at my pics in the beginning of this thread, I am using a voltage controlled C/Ku LNB with a 4X1 disecq switch, with position 1 being C and position 4 being Ku.

I am using a 4x1 disecq switch with 2 being Cband and 3 being Ku, but I changed it to a encoda 22khz switch with the same results, so I went direct without a switch and still the same, all signal but no quality and Ku works flawlessly

?????

I am using a 4x1 disecq switch with 2 being Cband and 3 being Ku, but I changed it to a encoda 22khz switch with the same results, so I went direct without a switch and still the same, all signal but no quality and Ku works flawlessly

?????

Is the LNB POWER on? If you can take a pic of your setup screen and post it. Barring that PM me and I'll call ya. I need more info to fully understand where you are, to figure out how we can get there...:)

I would still like to know where you find the firmware for the Azbox. The Azbox web page download section doesn't work, and when I googled, I get only european sites that seem to have non factory firmware.

Right now, we request them from Rick's and he posts links to them, generally on RapidShare. The Azbox itself will pick them up from the internet from "somewhere", but frequently not the latest build. The release site for the factory files is still a work in progress. Hopefully, in later days, it'll be functional. Of course, hopefully, in later days, there will be only infrequent updates.
:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts