Review: Azbox Elite HD FTA Receiver

Can I ask where you got this price? That was the Ebay price a week or so ago but now I see they are all set at $299 shipped.

same seller you see it now at 299, I had an ebay 10% coupon code (personalized for each ebay user's paypal address) and applied it at checkout.

If you could advise me,

I have been running a coolsat 6100 with a fixed dish up till a few month ago when I got my motor.

I've built around 30 computers and loaded with an os (linux and M$)

I am a net tech, linux familiar, fairly smart and not afraid of asking questions no matter how stupid they seem.

Do you think I could handle this box?

If and when a blind scan option arrives will it come in the form of an update or an addin card?

This is a very long thread. I tried to read most of it. Sorry if I repeated something

You could handle the box just fine. There's just lot's of menus because it does so many things ! Compared to a standard receiver, it is , at first daunting.
If blindscan becomes available, it'll be a software patch. We seem to get them about once a week. They are typically 42 MB in size, so they take a few minutes to dowload and install.
:)

hopefully, blindscan will be in form of a firmware update but that is unknown as of now. If you can get a motor working correctly with your 6100, you should be able to get use to this box, it is a little counter-intuitive to me at times, but easy to get use to it

what is slaving a box? Can I do that with my coolsat?

Is the picture on sd as good as the coolsat?

I'll need to go back and read what modes it has out of the box and what add in tuner cards are available

I just bought mine on ebay for $270 including standard shipping from a store at the bottom of the listings.

They had a make a "best offer" and $270 was immediately accepted.

Somebody else should be able to do a little better.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Well mine just arrived.. USPS Priority, shipped last friday from Miami
BTW: Comes with a funky AC plug adapter too :D
Oh and no users manual in the box.. hmmmm

Attachments

• azbox.jpg
    azbox.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 220
The user manual is downloaded on line, 150 pages.
an a lot of company's are doing this now a days.
as far as a plug either get a adapt plug or replace the power cord.

The user manual is downloaded on line, 150 pages.
an a lot of company's are doing this now a days.
as far as a plug either get a adapt plug or replace the power cord.

I have several cords in the garage from old boom boxes, one fitted and works great.
Upgraded right outta the box, and the fw it came with was able to recognize the USB pen drive as I inserted it, so it was a snap to update to 2371.

does anyone know what a good usb wi fi would be to connect this thing to the net,I have been looking and found a few on ebay but I want to make sure they will work,any suggestions on this.

I have already ordered the elite,can one of the wi-fi dongles work in one of the usb ports of the az box,or will I need to hook it up direct.

its a linux box. you'll need to find a compatible usb wireless adapter if you need wifi. Remember it must be in the box's Kernel (kinda like a driver software package) if it is to work. Some research first would be very prudent.

Direct is best

When you find out post it here

I need another receiver like I need a hole in the head!!! Damn...why am I buying this one? Because all of you guys forced me too! Peer Pressure is too much! $260 - 8% off ebay coupon...$240 shipped.

Thanks a lot guys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts