Review: Sonicview SV-HD8000

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Factory Firmware 2.57

I appreciate your efforts but it appears that the file you posted is corrupted. Can you try reposting it again.

Thanks in advance

Something is going wrong in the zip or upload process.

Here is the HD8000_FACTORY.txt which is really the .rom file

Save this file locally and the rename to HD8000_FACTORY.rom

Factory Firmware 2.57 (Try number 3)

Attachments

• HD8000_FACTORY.txt
    4.4 MB · Views: 660
Last edited:
Latest hd8000 software (bin format)

Where can I get the latest and the best sw/fw for FTA? I downloaded 443 version mentioned in the review thread and doesn't seem to load.

Regards
Matt

Good evening.
For the benefit of this boards users, I am hosting files for the SV 8000HD, just pm me for what you need and I will send you the link.

Do No
t ask for hackware, I don't have it.

Sorry, I don't post links in the open.

If one of the mod's what to pm me with a different setup, I am all ears.

Later.
Dave.
would like to get the link.
Thanks
matt

OK Thanks for the inputs. I'll need to readdress my efforts probably to Viewsat Max HD. Does anyone knows if this box have the Manual Search/Pids options so we can add the CW's at 97

you can manually add pids. When i get home i will give you the sequence.

will not power up

got another sv-8000 and it had the add on board with it, when i remove it the box will not power up.
have master reset the box and updated the firmware that chapelrun has shared thank you.
but still the same will not power up without the board, have got it down to the base only with just the 2 wires(power & 1 to board) hooked up see picture.
and it will boot up like this.
the others i've got used i just removed it .
don't get this one...... being like this.
ever see this happen ?

edit:
And blind scaning: near worthless .. this box 1 channel same scan on old box 17 channels
sad

Attachments

• new.jpg
    new.jpg
    393.5 KB · Views: 500
Last edited:
Discovered something on the SV-HD8000 today

I was scanning channels on G-17 and found several feeds on the KU side. Some of these feeds were in HD.

Sometimes when I'm in the "Dish Settings" mode and the channel is High Def - - - then when I exit the receiver just hangs with the picture frozen. It's like it is too much for it - - - hay don't ask me to go from "Dish Setting" to full screen - - - I just can't do it.

Normally, I just cold boot the receiver - - - but sometimes this screws things up somehow. Today, I went outside and covered the LNB with a broom which gave the receiver time to "think". By the time I got back inside the show was on in High Def.

Can anybody figure why this procedure might help?

Of course the work around is to never go from "Dish Settings" to normal screen with an HD channel active (sometimes I forget though)

Hey, I see in the pictures there you're watching Fox News. Can you watch Fox News free, without doing anything illegal? Because that would be great. I'm looking for a way for my parents to cut the cable, but my dad loves Fox News. I also need it to record local station shows like American Idol and soap operas for my mom. I know nothing about this stuff, so I'm just starting to research the receivers.

Cool Spot,

There are much better receivers out there for true FTA reception. To check out what is up there on the different satellites, check out "The List" link at the top of the page. If you can do without 4:2:2 reception, the Openbox S9 is a great quality receiver that is a lot more useful more than the Sonicview 8000HD. I have used the Sonicview and am in the process of reviving my dead unit now, but this is just due to the investment I have in the receiver itself, approximately $400 new several years ago.

Welcome to the hobby and welcome to Satellite Guys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)