Reviews: SatHawk PVR800 WorldDVB DVB-S2 HD FTA Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks for the simple explanation of the switch motor problem.I guess the only way this receiver will work for the moment using the two bands with a motor is to have two motorized dish set ups!one for c and the other for ku and run two cables to a manual switch.I can see why this would be a problem with a one dish set up.

Even this setup will not work. Then you'll have 2 motors. How will you connect both motors to the receiver? Plus if you setup the antenna as motorized, it does not let you configure lnb type per satellite. So you are either all C band or all Ku Band.

The best setup for this receiver will be to have multiple fixed dishes all linked together with a diseqc switch. So you can have different fixed dishes pointing to different satellites connected to the diseqc switch then to the receiver.

PeterHD,
I can work with you in developing the motor/switch combo. Below are some pictures of my setup with another receiver that supports motor/switch combo

SH103685.JPG : My C/Ku lnb with an inbuilt DiseqC switch to switch between C and Ku band.

SH103691.JPG: Antenna Setup screen showing Diseqc switch or 22Khz Switch Sections.

SH103692.JPG: Position setting highlighted where USALS can be selected or DiseqC 1.2 motor. Selecting DiseqC 1.2 and entering takes you to the next screen in picture below.

SH103693.JPG : DiseqC setting where motor can be driven east or west, stored etc.

I have also attached documents about the DiseqC positioner commands as well as documents on the diseqc switch commands. In summary, since these 2 commands are different they can be sent together irrespective or processor power.
Let me know if you have any questions or need any help. I am a programmer myself and can chip in on algorithms.

thanks u very much, i will check ur files.

BR
peter

Is this switch/motor problem just a problem with the sathawk?or other receivers too.If just the sathawk i dont really understand why it was designed this way.Also if all others have no problems then why such a pain getting a fix for the sathawk.

Is this switch/motor problem just a problem with the sathawk?
If you are comparing to the Sathawk's "sister" unit in Europe, according to their Manual and screen pics, they can not control Motor / Switch either.

If anyone has upgraded to the April 15th firmware from the other thread, could you please test some low-SR transponders for me? With the previous version from Sadoun's website, it seemed to be taking a long time and/or multiple attempts to scan channels such as KFTL on 72W Ku (11891 H 1666), KTEL on 79W Ku (11901 H 2170), and LLBN on 101W Ku (12021 H 2034). But now, I haven't been able to scan them in at all. I enter the transponder data manually and it sits there showing no quality for several seconds, then eventually it jumps up to moderate quality. But if I then hit the scan button, it goes into its "moving dish" routine (infuriating, since I'm already on that satellite!) and then doesn't find any channels on the transponder. I'm guessing that it's not giving the demodulator enough time to lock on the signal, but what I don't know is whether they've changed the amount of time they allow for this when scanning, or whether they've somehow changed the amount of time it takes the demodulator to lock (I would've thought this would be a hardware parameter, not software).

Even this setup will not work. Then you'll have 2 motors. How will you connect both motors to the receiver? Plus if you setup the antenna as motorized, it does not let you configure lnb type per satellite. So you are either all C band or all Ku Band.

I think you missed the part where stanleyjohn says "run two cables to a manual switch." That would work except for what you said about not being able to setup individual sat lnb settings in motorized mode. That's as bad of a bug as the switch/motor issue. These are fundamental functions that you find even on cheap SD boxes. Sounds to me like the mfgr needs to go back to square one and start over on coding the firmware.

Firmware Issues

It amazes me how some of this stuff gets out the door, with all the software bugs un-addressed. I wish we could get a company in NA to adopt a box and write proper firmware for it.

It looks like the Sat hawk will do ok for me with my motorized KU band dish set up!but in the near future when i set up a much larger dish on the ground for the C band i will need to look for another receiver unless the bugs are ironed out of the Sat Hawk.

It looks like the Sat hawk will do ok for me with my motorized KU band dish set up!but in the near future when i set up a much larger dish on the ground for the C band i will need to look for another receiver unless the bugs are ironed out of the Sat Hawk.

or you could get an analog receiver to move the dish

I just wanted to mention about shipping times, when we order product from China it takes 3 months from the time it is put in the container until I get it, I don't know how much of that is on the water, and customs but it takes that long, don't know about receivers but I would think it would be the same.
Glad they are shipping again for you guys.
Terry

Findings, Fixes and Features

Hello Everone,
I recently ordered a PVR800, I realize it has problems but Im willing to live with them as new firmware fixes come online.
Do you guys think it might be a good idea to start a, “Findings, Fixes and Features” thread, in a strict standardized format so that we can aid those with issues and help, Sadoun, WorldDVB and Others quickly interpret meaningful input that can be turned into better firmware releases?
Whether we elected to be Beta testers or not, we are. So it might be to our own benefit to fill the role and help out the developers make improvements and fixes.
What do you all think?
Long time Satellite Guys reader, newbie poster.

Ago...Well I like the idea but there hasn't really been what most would call a true update that fixes much as yet. Guess we're all waiting on some update to fix the big issues. Briefly browse thru this thread and you'll note the biggest findings so far....No 4:2:2, unable to use a motor and fixed dishes together, and designate the various ports in the receiver for proper switching, you set it for fixed or for motor...locks up sometimes, no way to back up and save your channels etc...Awkward remote. Nice picture though. More sensitive than my Fortec star on weak signals...decent blind scan. That's most of what I've found and others as well....Blind

Ago,
You made a good choice. This receiver is way better than most HD receivers out there and for the price, you it is an excellent choice. Though it has some software issues which i know will be fixed, it is still an excellent HD receiver.

I just wanted to mention about shipping times, when we order product from China it takes 3 months from the time it is put in the container until I get it, I don't know how much of that is on the water, and customs but it takes that long, don't know about receivers but I would think it would be the same.
Glad they are shipping again for you guys.
Terry

Receivers from China, I have always received next day or 2 days.

Hi guys, My Vantage found two transponders, and the AZbox wasn't able to lock on them. could you do a blind scan with the Sathaewk and see if it will lock on them?

Satmex 5 116W:

3879 V 2726 DVBS2 Canal 12, TVH, Lacosecha.
3885 H 1481 DVBS2 JN19.

If you find it , then this receiver has a very good blind scan tuner:)

Receivers from China, I have always received next day or 2 days.
Did you buy one or two, or a container load?
My guess is a US distributor is ordering these in, then distributing them to the dealers, it would not be cost effective to order say 20 receivers and have them air freighted here, probably ordering them in the 1,000s.
Terry

Hi guys, My Vantage found two transponders, and the AZbox wasn't able to lock on them. could you do a blind scan with the Sathaewk and see if it will lock on them?

Satmex 5 116W:

3879 V 2726 DVBS2 Canal 12, TVH, Lacosecha.
3885 H 1481 DVBS2 JN19.

If you find it , then this receiver has a very good blind scan tuner:)

didn't blind scan in but was able to lock them manual.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)