reworking primestar dish ala iceburg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

neil_kc1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
KANSAS CITY AREA
Hey guys, i have flipped the mount on my primestar dish, (channel master) adapted it to my motec 2100 motor, and get a singal level of about 80 on ku using an original primestar lnb, but cannot for the life of me get any quality. ) nada. nothing. i am using a pansat 3500 and am aiming at galaxy26 so i know there are strong transponders.

ok i did NOT adjust the motor elevation i left it as it was when i removed my other dish. (yes i made sure i had a signal and a picture) i just slipped off the original tube and put on the new one. but i cannot for the life of me figure out the angles..93 is my true south sat.

i wanted to try iceburgs c-band mini dish, but thought i would zero in on the ku side to make sure the dish is picking things up.

any suggestions?

Pictures please.. I want to see how you adapted yours.. I might be adapting mine soon, im waiting for my scaler ring to get here first and the other C/KU combo. before adapting :)

Hey guys, i have flipped the mount on my primestar dish, (channel master) adapted it to my motec 2100 motor, and get a singal level of about 80 on ku using an original primestar lnb, but cannot for the life of me get any quality. )

Have you tried skewing that lnb to the correct setting for that particular sat? When I first set up my Primestar for G10R, the same thing happened to me. Had signal but no quality. Until I adjusted the skew then BAM! 94 sig 90 Q.

Hey guys, i have flipped the mount on my primestar dish, (channel master) adapted it to my motec 2100 motor, and get a singal level of about 80 on ku using an original primestar lnb, but cannot for the life of me get any quality. ) nada. nothing. i am using a pansat 3500 and am aiming at galaxy26 so i know there are strong transponders.

ok i did NOT adjust the motor elevation i left it as it was when i removed my other dish. (yes i made sure i had a signal and a picture) i just slipped off the original tube and put on the new one. but i cannot for the life of me figure out the angles..93 is my true south sat.

i wanted to try iceburgs c-band mini dish, but thought i would zero in on the ku side to make sure the dish is picking things up.

any suggestions?

Some of the Primestar elliptical dish mounts are about 4 degrees off, due to an offset that's built in. I've seen this several times with all the Primestar dishes I've collected. That means when the mount is in it's normal position, you have to aim the dish about 4 degrees higher, to see the sat. If you flipped the mount, try adjusting the dish 4 degrees LOWER.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)