reworking sat setup need advise

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Left Field Fan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 28, 2005
I have Directv setup with the slimline dish. I have four individual lines going into 2 different rooms in the house. I have 2 of those lines going to my home theater. I want to have HD PIP and my tv will handle that. I just need to rearrange my setup. I want to change the lnb to a swm-5. I have 2 HR21's. I want to run both HR21's off one line. I have plans for the other line. I know this is long, I'm sorry. I just want to double check, that I just need to switch out the lnb, drop bbc's, add power inserter, add swm splitter and re-boot hr21's one at a time and I should be good. I ran my old Directv system and this is just rewiring and changing the lnb on a stationary dish, so that is not a problem for me. I just want to make sure that I have it correctly.

Yes.. you will run the line from the LNB to the theater room to a 1x2 SWM splitter then the power line to the power inserter and to 1 of teh hr21's .. then the other line directly to the other HR21.

Problem with this is now your main junction will be in the theater room.. Do you still need service in other parts of the house?

or

You may be able to run a line from the lnb to a SWM Splitter and run the Power line to the theater room and using a 1x2 SWM Splitter split that line and power up off the 1x2 splitter, just do not go over 8 total tuners (the HR21's will count as 2 each.) But I am not entirely sure it would work, seems like it should. You could then tie in other parts of the house at the outside/av closet location.

I am going to backfeed from my 2nd hr21 to my av closet to backfeed the rest of the house. They will have to watch whatever I have on when I have pip active. I already have the box to convert to coax from the 2nd hr21, thanks for the help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts