RF Remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cband1985

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 25, 2005
Tn
I finally made the switch from Dish to Directv. Got HR44 and 2 C41 clients. All three have the RC65X remotes. I can change the C41's to rf. On the Genie the rf option is greyed out and can not be selected. What am I missing?

The RC65 will not control the HR44 in RF, the HR44 has different RF technology. The installer should have left you an RC71 remote. Call DirecTV and tell them he gave you the wrong remote and you need an RC71.

Yep call for sure, wrong remote.

I just called Directv and they want $15for the RC71 to correct their mistake. Installer should have know the remote would not work in rf mode. I not going to pay for their mistake. Not a good way to start our business relationship.

Are you sure the clients are C41's? C41's have the same RF as the HR44's and shouldn't be able to run RF with an RC65.
If all of your remotes are RC65's then I'd double check.. Sounds like you have C31's (Which work just fine with the HR44).

Must be C31s. And historically DirecTV has never guaranteed supply of an RF remote unless the customer specifically asks for one at the time of installation. If the installer specifically told you the remote would work in RF with the Hr44, then you have a case.

I just called Directv and they want $15for the RC71 to correct their mistake. Installer should have know the remote would not work in rf mode. I not going to pay for their mistake. Not a good way to start our business relationship.
If DirecTV doesn't step up, you can get them for half that price on ebay. In my experience, getting RF remotes from DirecTV for free is very difficult, even when they are in the wrong.

I tried calling Directv again. This time I got a CSR who understood the problem. Got 2 RC71's shipped to me at no cost. Why would the installer leave RX65X remotes when every retail site I have been to states that the RC71 comes with the HR44.

The RC65X as well as the RC65RX will work perfectly fine with the 44/41 when used in IR mode. So the installer did not necessarily do anything wrong by leaving these remotes. Sometimes if our warehouse is short on the 71s we leave the 65s. It just depends on what is on the installers truck. There is no rule that says we absolutely "have" to leave 71s with 44s/41s. Glad to hear that you got 71s shipped to you free, but just trying to clarify that the tech did not actually do anything wrong per say.

The RC65X as well as the RC65RX will work perfectly fine with the 44/41 when used in IR mode. So the installer did not necessarily do anything wrong by leaving these remotes. Sometimes if our warehouse is short on the 71s we leave the 65s. It just depends on what is on the installers truck. There is no rule that says we absolutely "have" to leave 71s with 44s/41s. Glad to hear that you got 71s shipped to you free, but just trying to clarify that the tech did not actually do anything wrong per say.

If I was given IR remotes when RF were expected, I'd be pissed, every remote I use for D* is RF.

I'd make sure that I got what I was expecting to get as well as call D* to correct the issue ...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)