RG6 Cable Install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
your fine he will figure it out. solid copper is better and if you have extra run 2 lines to each location so you can add cable internet or OTA signals.

That splitter you are talking about is not a splitter but a separator. The single coax can carry up to two signals and the separator breaks them out for the inputs to the 722. I would home-run your coaxes to the point where the ground block is and then let the installer take it from there. The installer is not going to crawl your house and do any fishing at all. At least not without added charges.

your fine he will figure it out. solid copper is better and if you have extra run 2 lines to each location so you can add cable internet or OTA signals.

I'm just going to run some solid copper RG6 from all three rooms to a point in the crawl space where he can get to easily and let him figure it out. As for the shielding,I'll get whatever has the best price.

That splitter you are talking about is not a splitter but a separator. The single coax can carry up to two signals and the separator breaks them out for the inputs to the 722. I would home-run your coaxes to the point where the ground block is and then let the installer take it from there. The installer is not going to crawl your house and do any fishing at all. At least not without added charges.

That's the plan.I'm going to run them to a location where he can get to them and let him take care of it from there.There will be three separate cables to that location,not sure if he will need them or not.But if he does,they will be there.

A single dual tuner receiver can be connected to a separator (NOT a splitter) for its two inputs in a DPP system. The sendond output of the (dual-band frequency) separator cannot be used to feed different receiver. You can split the TV2 output (RF and composite RWY) of the receiver all you want but there will only be 2 satellite channels to share among all those receivers including the TV1 (HDMI and component RGB) output. Each single or dual receiver requires a cable from the dish. No way around this.

Regarding shielding of the cable: the problem comes with a nearby FM or TV transmitter. The cheapest cable has a very open weave of the braid--actually RG6 has a foil shield so principal problem would be extraneous signal into the grounding shield.

-Ken

Last edited:
That's the plan.I'm going to run them to a location where he can get to them and let him take care of it from there.There will be three separate cables to that location,not sure if he will need them or not.But if he does,they will be there.

That's the best solution. And that's coming from an installer. I'd be glad to have three lines just sitting there waiting for me to put to connectors on. I wouldn't waste the time putting connectors on the ends. If they are some off brand that Dish Network doesn't approve their installers to use, the technician will just cut them off and replace them with approved fittings. There are no extra charges for crawling under a house. From what it sounds like, though, you're going to have them by the door anyway.

That's the best solution. And that's coming from an installer. I'd be glad to have three lines just sitting there waiting for me to put to connectors on. I wouldn't waste the time putting connectors on the ends. If they are some off brand that Dish Network doesn't approve their installers to use, the technician will just cut them off and replace them with approved fittings. There are no extra charges for crawling under a house. From what it sounds like, though, you're going to have them by the door anyway.

Yeah,the crawlspace has a door to get underneath the house and I was going to run all three to the inside of the door.As for the connectors,they are Thomas and Betts Snap and Seal compression connectors.

A buddy of mine know an installer that has some Tributaries Dual Shield RG6. He has 150' that he would let go for $36.00 and 250' for $60.00
I'm not familiar with this brand?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts