RG6 COAX CABLE

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Chewie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 12, 2009
California
Hello Gents
I want to run some RG6 cable and sprinkler wire from my 2 Sat. Dishes under my grass in the back yard, I want to know if anybody use regular RG6 inside regular PVC sprinkler SCH 40 pipe.
thanks in advance.
Chewie.

As long as you can keep the pipe dry and use wide sweep conduit elbows (3"+ radius), you should be fine.

You might check to see if you can get PVC conduit (has the advantage of being UV resistant) at the same price or cheaper than PVC pipe.

I use the pvc conduit with the proper sweeps, it makes wiring a breeze. If I had to go a LONG way, however, I'd go direct-burial. Less digging. I made a spade to direct bury wire, just a piece of 3/8 steel plate welded to a piece of water pipe, sharpen the end of the plate and jam it in the ground, jog it side to side, and you have a little slit in no time. Ground has to be fairly soft, however, because it is SELF powered....LOL

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)