RG6 Coax Connectors & Compression Tools

Take the plunge and buy a Ripley Ripley Universal RG59/6/7/11 Compression Crimp Tool

The CAT-AS is an all-series compression crimp tool for series 59, 6, 7, or 11 connectors. High-quality and easy to use.

Telewire - Digicon-S™ Series 59/6
Gilbert - ULTRASEAL™ Series 59/6 & 7/11
PPC - EX XL Series 59/6 & 7/11
T & B - Snap-N-Seal® Series 59/6 & 7/11
PCT - DRS Series 59/6 & 7/11
Holland - SLC Series 59/6 & 11

Peace...

I use mostly the Thomas & Betts SnapNSeal connectors. Available for the various cable types, I get them for under 50 cents at http://www.mjsales.net. Good folks, fast service. I originally got the plastic IT1000 tool. Combined stripper and crimper. It works great, but I do a lot of RG-11 work, too. (I use RG-11 for anything over 100 feet.) I needed a tool to do both, so I got the Sargent 9000US tool. Heavy duty, and should last forever.

The one thing I have not tried it with yet is the compression connectors built into a Leviton wall plate insert. I hope they fit.

red hazard said:
I would use to 901024 for Sealtites, SNS & AIM only as recommended at various sites selling them. With this type of ratchet tool you must complete the compression cycle before removing the connector. If you cannot complete the cycle because the connector is too long, you won't be able to remove the connector from the tool. If you try to force it, you could damage the tool. So far I have not had the guts to try a digicon in a 901024 and use the T&B tool that has the built in stripper. However, it looks like it would work IF in the uncompressed state the Digicon fit OK in the 901024 as once compressed it sure looks like the same size as the SNS connector.

The 901024 has a release switch on it so you don't need to finish the compression cycle. Just press it and it releases...

Brendin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)