RG6 through doors & Windows

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Vallenato

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 25, 2011
America
Hello Everybody.. Really works this stuff to pass through windows & doors my satellite signals?
I am talking about Big installations " Farms" when 3-4 Cband , many ku signals, cascades of switches 4x4, 4x1 & 8x1 are online..
Using this things (with door & windows closed) can affect my signal?
what are your experience?
What brand, Model, store you recommend?
what are your recomendations?

423626867_523.jpg

Hello Everybody.. Really works this stuff to pass through windows & doors my satellite signals?
I am talking about Big installations " Farms" when 3-4 Cband , many ku signals, cascades of switches 4x4, 4x1 & 8x1 are online..
Using this things (with door & windows closed) can affect my signal?
what are your experience?
What brand, Model, store you recommend?
what are your recomendations?

View attachment 117273
I wouldn't use it myself. If you decide to, use caution: http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/flat-cable-wire-caused-fire.168395/

Reactions: Vallenato
I know there's at least one member using it on FTA. Think his failed, and there's a thread about it not that long ago, but no fire. From my days installing dish, around the time of the of the 'fire' thread, don't think those early receivers had an efficient fuse in the coax power IIRR..
( I could have tested one, but it went away with the trash this AM, spring cleaning )

I would stay away from all of those flat cables. They give too much loss. The package or seller may say it does not, but THEY LIE.
I have tried them over the years with customers who did not want any holes drilled. I came back to every one and ended up drilling a hole, or finding another solution.
Believe me there is holes somewhere in your house, were electric or plumbing etc, is coming through.
Find one that has extra room for a coax cable and then re-caulk or seal if needed. :)

You could cut a small board to lay in the window sill and saw out a small notch (Or drill a hole) to let the regular cabling pass through.I did this in the past for RG-8 coax.

Only problem is that the windows will no longer latch.For that,you can screw another small board in between the bottom window and top window to prevent them from opening further. I never worried much about locking them anyway...a burglar will just bust the glass anyway.

NOT locking it makes it easier to sling the cables outside if a thunderstorm is coming. ;)

Don't forget about me here I use flat wires in my windows since i live in apartment but not those. I think got flat wires through Davey Wallace those work really well for what I need they are a thicker wire better for doors and windows. Here is a link I have some loss in winter not much it works with all my switches.

Amazon product ASIN B005F0QILU

I used a couple of these in my last place because I was renting and couldn't drill through the wall.

They worked fine for me. They'll introduce some signal loss, but the signal you're talking about is the one from the LNBF. It should be pretty strong and can probably withstand the loss, which is maybe 6dB I'd guess. It's considerable, but on most signals you should be fine.

I was always much more concerned about noise getting into the signal. I had some problems before that could be put down to noise, but it was an imperfect installation. I couldn't ground the dishes, for example, because they were on an NPRM on a stone patio and I couldn't drive a grounding rod into the garden. So the short answer is, I have no idea what impact they had on performance.

I got pretty much every signal I should have been able to get though.

I like and have used the holland 3Ghz model #144823

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1465097549.722123.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)