Playing Youtube through Edision Mio+

My Mio 4k (not +) quit playing You Tube videos. I get some sort of error that it can't extract the video url. I tried to look for an updated plugin but couldn't find one. I'm running TNAP 4.2. Any ideas?

My Mio 4k (not +) quit playing You Tube videos. I get some sort of error that it can't extract the video url. I tried to look for an updated plugin but couldn't find one. I'm running TNAP 4.2
Here is the 1132 version youtube folder from usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/Extensions
Delete the youtube folder from there and replace with the one in the zip. extract it first.

Attachments

• 1132youtube.zip
    225.3 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Question remains. But why, when a cheap firestick does it tons easier and better? Plus navigation is a breeze with a bt keyboard/mouse. Good workout for thumb wrestling fans I guess.

Reactions: primestar31
Question remains. But why, when a cheap firestick does it tons easier and better? Plus navigation is a breeze with a bt keyboard/mouse. Good workout for thumb wrestling fans I guess.
I am not heavy YouTube user. What I follow is saved in my searches so easy to pull up and watch new content pretty quickly. I know most people would prefer an android or like device. If the mio 4k had a web browser like some e2 receivers (chromium) it would be more like what you see with a smart tv, android or like device and could use bt keyboard and mouse.

Reactions: clucas
Youtube also wasn't working on my new Edision Mio+. I followed this procedure and it's working fine now. Why do I use Edision to stream youtube? Just because it's convenient and I want to make it work. I also use my PC at different times which works fine too.

Reactions: clucas and FTA4PA