RIP old satellite equipment

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
It'll be a frigid day in Hades before I pitch my old Toshiba 1820, I think I gave $700 when it was new in 1995, and it is still (very accurately) moving my battle-scarred 10' Perfect 10 mesh BUD, and flipping the Polarotor. ;)

thats different. Yours still has a use (dish mover)....mine was just collecting dust. Was an old TRX-1420

Dishman Dan said:
Was this all new stuff???!!!... :shocked :shocked :shocked...

Most was new, but often DOA with motherboard issues, intermittent or undiagnosed issues, discontinued units in for repair and never authorized by the customer, returns on discontinued items, boxes of factory issued repair parts for Coolsats, Twinhan, Lacuna. Factory samples and prototypes. Just alot of stuff that cost money to store and would have potentially cost more to repair and distribute than to dispose.

Most was new, but often DOA with motherboard issues, intermittent or undiagnosed issues, discontinued units in for repair and never authorized by the customer, returns on discontinued items, boxes of factory issued repair parts for Coolsats, Twinhan, Lacuna. Factory samples and prototypes. Just alot of stuff that cost money to store and would have potentially cost more to repair and distribute than to dispose.

You could have had a SALE...buy this dish get a free discontinued item absolutely free! Factory samples and prototypes sound especially interesting. ;)

Last edited:

!sadroll I am now a firm believer in "Don't ask and don't tell!!!..." :shh

Any Visionsat stuff? :) I remember you were the main force behind turning that receiver into the excellent FTA box it is...

Sales on service items, parts, DOA or discontinued products generate service calls on items that aren't generating a profit on in the first place. Even if an item is sold "as is" it usually will generate some type of request for service manuals, parts, trouble shooting.... We have often offered samples as giveaways in SatelliteGuys contests and will continue to do so, but not on development prototypes and service returns. :D

We have been a contracted service center for many brands. When the contract ends the items head for destruction. VisionSat..... Yep! Maybe a thousand old style remotes (pre-DVR), tuners, modulators, cases, front panels, etc. :eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)