River Broadcasting Schedule?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TimLones111

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Canton, Ohio
Been watching RBN this afternoon. Like the Westerns they show in the afternoons. Lone Ranger, Annie Oakley, Cisco Kid, and now Bonanza. Do they have a schedule anywhere?

Been watching RBN this afternoon. Like the Westerns they show in the afternoons. Lone Ranger, Annie Oakley, Cisco Kid, and now Bonanza. Do they have a schedule anywhere?

Best I can do is tell you that Bonanza is on at noon... central time. Well, 11 am, noon or 1 pm, something like that. A little confused still from the time change.

But, I don't understand the theme music for the show! Where did they get that and why?

RADAR

But, I don't understand the theme music for the show! Where did they get that and why?

RADAR

If it's not the familiar Bonanza theme, then most likely those are episodes in the public-domain, either they were never copyrighted or the copyright expired. They get the program dirt cheap because they don't have to pay royalties, but the theme song is copyrighted, so something else is substituted. The public domain Bonanza episodes have been shown on various religious channels from time to time, along with other public domain programs. They're also what you will find sometimes on real cheap DVDs at dollar stores.

Unfortunately, even some studio-released TV series on DVD have music changes due to royalties (cough, Universal, cough...)
I bought the "Northern Exposure - The Complete Series" a few years ago. I was pretty ticked off when I realized that they took all the original music out of the sound track.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)