River Broadcsting new on Galaxy 19 (97W)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
River Broadcasting on 97W to officially launch on Jan 1, 2010

I started a new thread on this ..and now its gone....hmm

So I made another attempt....

Last edited:

I emailed them like they asked , I told them I am watching them on 97W and live in Kentucky,....and I got a response back....

__________________________________________________ ____________

Thank you for your reply. RTN is a new Christian Family Entertainment network with the latest Christian movies, sports, world news, comedy, drama, etc. The network is 100% ad supported and will be commited to providing quality entertainment with no offensive programming.

Please continue to watch during our beta testing time and look forward to our January 1, 2010 launch. Every month we will deliver new shows and programming.

We are available throughout North America on G19-IA5, Europe on Eurobird 9 and WorldWide on the NEW IPTV service called IPoint TV.

Coming soon will be a set top box which receives FTA satellite and IPTV. To learn more visit www.Ipoint.tv

Thanks again for watching,
Clark Ortiz
CEO - River Television Network

Clark@ Email Address

817-XXX-XXXX cell

__________________________________________________ ________________

(I blocked out his phone number and email address..... the area code is for Fort Worth/Arlington TX)

__________________________________________________ ______________

Dee,
I'm sure their programming will get tweaked quite a bit, as they get officially 'under way'.
Don't get excited yet, I have a feeling they are just showing stuff to get numbers of people interested, then once they finalize a schedule of programs some of that outdoorsy content will be dropped.

Um, just what is not "offensive programming" ??

I watched a movie on there this morning FULL of murder. Guns blazing, people dying.
I guess violence, mayhem and MURDER is cool??

That's as offensive as can be. Murder and violence is the ultimate in offensive.
What's wrong with that picture?

I find equally offensive that on RTV on Saturday mornings they run a program under the e/i banner that features hunters killing animals with guns, FOR FUN.
And they have children on there, men teaching children to use guns to kill animals.

I can not believe they push this tripe as children's Saturday morning educational/informational material. There should be a law against it.

The murderous nature of man is just insane....

The remote is there for a reason.

Sounds like the show on RTV was a educational show teaching children how to operate firearms under adult supervision...sounds like a good idea. Most people I know learned to shoot at a early age here in KY. Teaching children a very important responsibility like firearms at a early age is something that should be commended, not outlawed.

Regarding River and their so called "Christian programming" and what you saw there...email River and ask them why they were running it.

The only grief I sense right now, is how this thread about River Broadcasting Network got off-topic - about a hunting show on Retro TV....:confused:

:rolleyes:

People reading in a forum about satellite TV want some peace too. Furthermore I seem to sense a tone of misandry across some threads... and preoccupation with war and violence.... in a forum about satellite TV. Why not post Cindy Sheehan stuff in that forum? (My opinion...)

Why not turn the channel?

Gimme a Break, OK?

Last edited:
merged a couple threads together...no need to open a new thread when a existing one was working fine for it ;)

I agree Harry...seems like threads here are starting to go off topic way too fast. I guess I have to put the mod hat back on (which I hate doing) and start checking threads a little closer

as for Dee's "rant" I have one thing to mention about one line

I can not believe they push this tripe as children's Saturday morning educational/informational material. There should be a law against it.

complain to the FCC then. They are the ones who say what is considered "E/I"
E/I - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What constitutes the shows as "E/I" is determined by the Federal Communications Commission, which enforces the regulations

What happened to Dee's posts?

Did she kill them? Or did Satelliteguys staff kill those posts?

EDIT:

Given how how the combined/edited thread looks now, no one could possibly understand...

What happened to Dee's posts?

Did she kill them? Or did Satelliteguys staff kill those posts?

EDIT:

Given how how the combined/edited thread looks now, no one could possibly understand...

she deleted them...see pic

In this case a mod wouldnt delete the posts...nothing wrong with them from a post standpoint.

As for the combined thread, it still looks fine. Nothing really was criss crossed between the two threads.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 164
oh, crap!

I loved the last two pix Dee posted!
One was a photo, with the deer driving the SUV and the hunter tied on top.
The other was a cartoon with a duck hunting the hunter. - :D

Everyone was very civil. - Not at all like some of the jerk-driven threads I've seen in the Dish/DirecTV departments!
Sorry now that I didn't give a thumb's up to the thread earlier! - :up

As to the content on any FTA channel, regardless of it's advertized purpose...
... If ya don't like it, treat it like any commercial, and don't watch it! - :D

I used to help folks get the very popular Whitesprings on little dishes,
. . . but I sure didn't watch it myself. :rolleyes:

I find that I am liking this channel the more I see of it.

I have been house-bound for the past two days (so far) because of the blizzard conditions here. My car wouldn't make it through the snow so I had to walk 1.5 miles to get to my house and got frost bite on my ears. The drifts are huge, even INSIDE my garage. There is a drift about 2-3 feet deep just from the snow blowing around the walk-in door jam! My neighbor got his tractor stuck, the power went out for six hours and it wasn't until 7 to 8pm Saturday that the road maintainer came through.

Got to watch a couple of old B&W John Wayne movies and some movie about Greek sponge divers that was in color. That doesn't seem like too many, but everytime I tuned in, there was something on that I enjoyed.

I have visited their website, but I don't see much there. Whatever the video is about, it won't load up for me.

RADAR

I generally try to avoid "stirring controversial fires", but since the door's already been opened I have a question. Can someone name another animal on Earth that has stereoscopic vision, canine teeth, and lacks a cecum that is not a predatory hunter?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)