Rock Band 2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm still debating too. Getting at least guitar bundle, and more for the guitar than the game as we're plenty satisfied with the RB2 package and have no plans to spend more money on GH DLC. I would really like a new set of drums that will work with any of the games though.... but that don't fly far if im buying the guitar + game bundle for HER birthday ;)

I'm still debating too. Getting at least guitar bundle, and more for the guitar than the game as we're plenty satisfied with the RB2 package and have no plans to spend more money on GH DLC. I would really like a new set of drums that will work with any of the games though.... but that don't fly far if im buying the guitar + game bundle for HER birthday ;)

Sounds like you're just like us. My wife enjoys playing RB and GH. Just the guitar though. No drums for her. Looks like the GH drums may be better then the current RB set. We'll see. Looking forward to reviews, before I buy WT. Rock band 2 is keeping me busy for now.

I don't have the link handy, but there's Country music coming to RB2 in December. No dates, songs, or artists info was given.

I heard that also. It sucks because I really love country music and decided to buy RB2 because of this, but after seeing the song list for both games, I really prefer GH:WT. So now I really don't know what to do.

Does anyone know if the RB instruments will work on the GH game or vice versa??

This is somewhat off topic, but I just got this offer in my email and felt it needed to be shared. It's basically 360 guitar hero 2 WITH the guitar for only $40. The sale is for one day only on Wednesday. Attached is the ad itself. It also looks like you may get a free dual guitar bag. Kinda makes me mad that I already own GH2 and the guitar. :p

This is on RedOctane.com

I still do not see this offer on the website. I wonder if you have to click on the link from your email to get this deal?? If so, I wonder if you forward the message it would still work? I would like to get in on this deal.

I still do not see this offer on the website. I wonder if you have to click on the link from your email to get this deal?? If so, I wonder if you forward the message it would still work? I would like to get in on this deal.
The email had a link but it just went to that same item page. Right now it says on it,

Note: ONE DAY SALE starts on 10/22 from 6am to 6pm PST.

Of course, unless my education is wrong, I think that 6am PST has already passed. Once the online chat thing opens up, if the sale still hasn't started, I'll contact them and see what's up.

I read somewhere that the original RB instruments will work with the PS3 version of GH:WT. :)

What about the downloadable songs? Is there a list somewhere that shows the songs available for download for RB and GH? And for example, if songs were available for download on GH:3, is there a way to put them into GH:WT? Sorry for all the nub questions, but I'm wanting to buy one of the sets, and I'm just trying to decide which one.

What about the downloadable songs? Is there a list somewhere that shows the songs available for download for RB and GH? And for example, if songs were available for download on GH:3, is there a way to put them into GH:WT? Sorry for all the nub questions, but I'm wanting to buy one of the sets, and I'm just trying to decide which one.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_downloadable_songs_for_the_Rock_Band_series[/ame]

List of songs in Guitar Hero World Tour - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

yup. RB has had tracks released for it for almost a year, which is why we're sticking with that franchise and likely not buying any ever for just GHWT use.
I only "purchased" one song pack for GH3 and I rather regretted it afterwards. I say "purchased" because I have a bunch of free DLC that I got from Activision from all those promotions they ran: Halo Theme, Battle Songs, Dropkick Murphys, Top Gun Theme (my new favorite) and the now elusive "Dream On."

It should be interesting to see what people come up with for GH-Tunes. I am a little worried about how much control Activision is going to have on submitted songs. Hopefully a little underground movement of musical creations can be made so that people can swap note sets and beds.

It could just be perception, but I don't like that GHWT already has like 17 songs lined up for DLC post-release. To me that shows they could have put a dozen more on the disc, but instead are cashing in. With RB we don't hear about stuff till the week before, so creates the perception that they're adding as they go... though certainly that's not always the case heh.

It could just be perception, but I don't like that GHWT already has like 17 songs lined up for DLC post-release. To me that shows they could have put a dozen more on the disc, but instead are cashing in. With RB we don't hear about stuff till the week before, so creates the perception that they're adding as they go... though certainly that's not always the case heh.
Or they ran out of space on the disc or couldn't get the proper permissions in time to put on the disc.
You have to look at it another way though: GH:WT has a HUGE mountain to climb in terms of DLC available upon release. Rock Band 2 had like 100 songs available as DLC when it was released. Activision learned from GH3 that it can't release DLC like it did then with RB releasing stuff weekly. Although they may also hold back because of the GHTunes stuff.

Ya I agree... this kinda of reminds me of PS2 vs Xbox. Why buy the Xbox if all of your favorite PS1 games that you continue to play all the time can be played on PS2. Except for this time around the PS1 games in this analogy are infinitely more replayable than actual PS1 games on a PS2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts