Rock Band 2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Looks like more ACDC coming to Rockband and RB2. Link
Cool. I may have to pick that up. The price is a little steep, but for a bunch of AC/DC hits it's worth it. I kind of wish they had "Who made Who" on it, but that's a forgivable omission.

I really wish they could have just made this a DLC and not as a stand-alone that you have to buy. The specifics of it have come out and it's a little shady.

http://weblogs.variety.com/the_cut_scene/2008/09/acdc-now-exclus.html

Last edited:
My wife (who turns out to be an awesome drummer) and I are playing regularly and love the new battle of the bands feature. Harmonix sets up different challenges and you don't need to be online at the same time, you see your friends scores or the generic leaderboard. If anyone wants to add us to the friends list and vice versa my XBOX tag is CallYaz

Hey Jag72 we will add you to our friends, Ramy what is your xbox tag? anyone else?

Rock on,
Dave

P.S. - for those who haven't seen my wife's writeup I think it sums up our love of this game:
oneforthetable.com - oneforthetable.com

I got the game and the Premium Drum set, As far as I now the wireless RB2 guitar is very good. A friend of mine is very happy with it and he told me that it performs is very good.

ddinsm I read your wife's comments, she right. I'm an expert drummer and when I started on Easy level I never tought I make it. I have a real band(Lead Singer), and I can actually play real drums. I bought the Premuim Set because of it. This game is a lot of fun, I actually stop plying RB1 the night before RB2 was released. I play a lot with my wife, son and my friends. I'd never played a game for so long.

My wife has been enjoying this so much that I am going to get her GH:WT Guitar bundle for her birthday next week. She's having a lot of fun playing guitar, which she's always been able to play decently (usually plays on medium, and gets all mad when she gets less than 95%). I jump in and play medium-hard drums with her.

She normally uses a GH2 wired guitar... was going to get her one of the GH3 wireless... but with GHWT coming out the day before her birthday, think I'll spend a couple more bucks and we'll get a new game to go along with it. That and I expect the single player experience to be a little better on the GH games with the sense of progression reduced somewhat stripped from RB2 now that there's no solo tour... just the band tour which is OK too, just wish they'd left the other in as an option.

Depending on tax refunds, amount of xmas money we get... I may end up with an ION drumset ordered for my birthday in January... or at least the GH:WT drumset by Christmas if it gets decent reviews.

I think they need to get rid of the whole system of unlocking the songs and just allow everything to be played from the beginning. I'm going through the world tour mode now, and it is just monotonous to have to unlock all the RB2 songs, with RB1 songs and DLC mixed in as well for you to play. And it stinks that you have to "unlock" songs you're not familiar with, so if you keep doing bad on the song and/or failing on tour, your overall score will keep dropping (unless you cheat and go to the dashboard before the song ends) and you can't even practice in Quickplay. And the fact that you need to enable the modification and thus lose all achievement and saving ability to play all the songs out of the box just hurts things more.

I doubt GH:WT will have all songs playable at start, but hopefully they'll at least use classic unlocking technique so you have the groups of songs to deal with.

I like unlocking songs, i need more than just fans and stars to earn during the game. I went into it wanting to play Lump and had to play for a bit to unlock it. I dont have the list memorized, and haven't dumped RB1 to my hard drive (for $5) yet so that I get more new music than old... other than the DLC... which I've got a fricken ton of.

I added $25 to my account to buy Motley Crue... wife saw me do it and said 'wow it's scary how easy you just spent that $25'

I dont plan to buy any DLC for GH:WT.

Next up, we need a unified DLC... DLC that you buy and works on both games, please. Licensing will prevent that though... license it to the user instead of to the individual game, please.

This is somewhat off topic, but I just got this offer in my email and felt it needed to be shared. It's basically 360 guitar hero 2 WITH the guitar for only $40. The sale is for one day only on Wednesday. Attached is the ad itself. It also looks like you may get a free dual guitar bag. Kinda makes me mad that I already own GH2 and the guitar. :p

This is on RedOctane.com

Attachments

• gh2.JPG
    gh2.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
This is somewhat off topic, but I just got this offer in my email and felt it needed to be shared. It's basically 360 guitar hero 2 WITH the guitar for only $40. The sale is for one day only on Wednesday. Attached is the ad itself. It also looks like you may get a free dual guitar bag. Kinda makes me mad that I already own GH2 and the guitar. :p

This is on RedOctane.com

Looks like a wired guitar bundle.

Looks like a wired guitar bundle.
Yes the GH2 guitar is wired, but it's by no means a bad one. There's another deal on redoctane for WT where you get the game and TWO guitars for $120. Granted, one of them is the GH3 Les Paul, but essentially you're getting a 2nd wireless guitar for only $20. I wish I could take advantage of the offer, but having 3 guitars and the entire rock band set makes it somewhat hard to justify. The thing I'm really waiting for is a damn drum set bundle. That's the only instrument that I really would want as I really do not like how the RB drums are set up (or the noise they make when you hit them.)

This is on RedOctane.com

How do you use the coupon? I went to the website and I don't see the offer. Maybe I have to wait until tomorrow for it to show up.

I'm fairly new to the GH world, but I noticed they have an older game called GH:Rock of the 80's. But I don't see it available for the Xbox 360. Is there no way to get this game for the 360? I really like the set list.
That was a PS2 exclusive. It was harmonix's last GH game. Also it was panned quite a bit for not being a good value, and most of the songs are covers, not master recordings.

Yes the GH2 guitar is wired, but it's by no means a bad one. There's another deal on redoctane for WT where you get the game and TWO guitars for $120. Granted, one of them is the GH3 Les Paul, but essentially you're getting a 2nd wireless guitar for only $20. I wish I could take advantage of the offer, but having 3 guitars and the entire rock band set makes it somewhat hard to justify. The thing I'm really waiting for is a damn drum set bundle. That's the only instrument that I really would want as I really do not like how the RB drums are set up (or the noise they make when you hit them.)

That's a good deal. Still trying to decide what I'm going to do when WT hits. Game only, guitar bundle, or the "everything" bundle.
** I'm trying to sell my RB and GH wired guitars. Can't even sell em on Craigslist. I figured I'd go that route, instead of trying to find shipping boxes for them.
$20 for the RB and $15 for the GH one. Price seems fair, considering what they're selling for on Ebay. No bites.

Last edited:
I don't have the link handy, but there's Country music coming to RB2 in December. No dates, songs, or artists info was given.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts