Roethlisberger accussed of sexual assult...AGAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both are true though.

He was alleged to have raped someone (again). He was neither acquitted or indicted, so alleged is still accurate. Poor police work (like failing to secure the crime scene, and the video recording of the evening from the bar) generated to much reasonable doubt for the DA to be successful prosecuting. That is not that different than stupid policemen in the OJ case creating the reasonable doubt that set OJ free.

Total supposition on your part. You are also playing fast and loose with some facts and terminology, which surprises me because you're usually pretty knowledgeable with legal stuff.

You can only be acquitted when a case goes to trial and you are found not guilty. Since Roethlisberger was never indicted, there is no trial, so he cannot be acquitted...he was never charged with anything in the first place. Therefore saying 'he was neither acquitted or indicted', is nonsense.

If you want to assume Roethlisberger is guilty as sin but the DA blew it, you go right ahead. That's your opinion. Things like this tend to fall along party lines (in this case, what team you root for), and this thread is no exception.

The facts state Roethlisberger was never charged with anything, so assuming he's a rapist is just as ridiculous as assuming nothing happened. Which is what I said.

Nobody knows what happened, but if you want to make up your own scenario based on a lot of hearsay, you go right ahead.

Sandra

Last edited:
Having been neither acquitted or indicted, he remains accused I guess, not alleged.

You won't find me taking up the Rapeistburger cause or anything though, it's like using M$ or Belicheat or whatever other stupid names, makes the poster look petty and stupid IMO.

To me he'll be always an accused/suspected sexual offender, just a matter of time before he puts himself in a similar situation based on recent history. Dude is really dense or is easily influenced by his friends to do some really stupid things, hopefully the NFL's program will shake him from it before his career is completely squandered.

The people who call him a rapist are wrong, the people that say he wasn't indicted so nothing should happen to him are equally as wrong.

Having been neither acquitted or indicted, he remains accused I guess, not alleged.

There no charges against him, so technically he's not accused anymore either. I'm not sure why he needs a label in the first place, though.

You won't find me taking up the Rapeistburger cause or anything though, it's like using M$ or Belicheat or whatever other stupid names, makes the poster look petty and stupid IMO.

Rapeistberger? That's a new one for me. Don't forget, though, Belicheck really cheated, he was 'convicted' by the NFL. ;)

To me he'll be always an accused/suspected sexual offender,

Your choice. Personally I have my doubts about him as well.

just a matter of time before he puts himself in a similar situation based on recent history. Dude is really dense or is easily influenced by his friends to do some really stupid things, hopefully the NFL's program will shake him from it before his career is completely squandered.

Totally agree with this, it will be interesting to see how Roethlisberger reacts.

Sandra

Last edited:
Both are true though.

He was alleged to have raped someone (again). He was neither acquitted or indicted, so alleged is still accurate. Poor police work (like failing to secure the crime scene, and the video recording of the evening from the bar) generated to much reasonable doubt for the DA to be successful prosecuting. That is not that different than stupid policemen in the OJ case creating the reasonable doubt that set OJ free.
Thank you! Somebody finally understands the point I'm trying to make!!!

If you want to assume Roethlisberger is guilty as sin but the DA blew it, you go right ahead. That's your opinion. Things like this tend to fall along party lines (in this case, what team you root for), and this thread is no exception.

I hate to tell you, but people in PA are talking about how easy Ben was let off. It's not just Cleveland fans.

I hate to tell you, but people in PA are talking about how easy Ben was let off. It's not just Cleveland fans.

Gee I wish you hadn't told me that. :rolleyes:

I'm sure Roethlisberger has his detractors everywhere, but he has a lot more supporters in western PA than anywhere else.

Sandra

Gee I wish you hadn't told me that. :rolleyes:

I'm sure Roethlisberger has his detractors everywhere, but he has a lot more supporters in western PA than anywhere else.
Yes he does, but his support in the State is non universal, and more to my point, his detractors are not uniformly anti-Steelers.

He got off like I said he would. But he will do it again, just wait for next off season. I don't think rapists can quit cold turkey..

I think peeps should just let this thread die, everyone has their own opinion, it's likely not going to change and there isn't anything notable to discuss until his suspension has been extended/shortened/ended and that could probably just be a footnote in the official season thread when the time comes.

Ah, ah, ah. For the record, I never condoned what Delonte did. It was against the law. But it WAS a victim-less crime.

Personally I would much rather be in a nightclub where Ben Roethlisberger is than in traffic with a disturbed person like Delonte West, who has enough fully loaded ammunition to wipe out the whole highway. :eek:

Victimless? If someone would have found the Columbine shooters' arsenals before they killed a bunch of kids, lives would have been spared.

Sandra

Keep a close eye on your drink in that situation.

I have control over how much I drink in a nightclub. I don't have control over some lunatic pulling out a loaded shotgun in traffic, who also has loaded handguns as backup just in case the shotgun isn't enough. :eek:

Sandra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts