Roethlisberger accussed of sexual assult...AGAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the fact that a couple of Ben's bodyguards are active law-enforcement officers is starting to be addressed:

One of Ben Roethlisberger's two bodyguards, who was with him at a bar in Milledgeville, Ga., last month after which a 20-year-old college student accused Roethlisberger of sexual assault, is in danger of losing his job as a Coraopolis, Pa., police officer, a source close to the Coraopolis local government told ESPN on Sunday.

A majority vote of the Coraopolis City Council would be needed to dismiss Anthony Barravecchio, and according to the source, if a vote were taken today, it would be 8-0 for dismissing him from his position on the force. The source added that documents from the Georgia Bureau of Investigation are still under review by the council, but the material seen to date leaves no doubt that termination will be the result of a vote to be taken within the next few weeks.

The other bodyguard who was with the Steelers quarterback that night, Pennsylvania State Police Officer Edward Joyner, has already been told by the state police to stop working for Roethlisberger.

Ben Roethlisberger bodyguard's cop job in danger - ESPN

Ben to make statement on Monday

Steelers defend Roethlisberger's right 'to make right'
Sunday, April 25, 2010
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Peter Diana/Post-Gazette
Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

A Steelers official said the team will defend disgraced quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's "opportunity to make right" and resume his career in Pittsburgh.

"Not speaking for coach or the organization," said Kevin Colbert, their director of football operations, "but really we can't defend the behavior or the actions and as an organization we won't.

"But we do defend his opportunity to make right. And I think that's the right thing to do. This guy has helped us win two championships and he's made some mistakes but he also deserves the opportunity to rectify those mistakes. I know we stand behind his opportunity to do that."

Roethlisberger will issue a statement Monday -- not in a news-conferences form -- in response to the 4-to-6 game suspension given him by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell Wednesday. The suspension, along with required evaluation and counseling, was issued for his actions in the early morning of March 5 in Georgia, where a 20-year-old woman claimed he raped her. Authorities decided not to charge the quarterback.

The Steelers acquired veteran quarterback Byron Leftwich in a trade this past week from Tampa Bay, and he will join Charlie Batch and Dennis Dixon at the position while Roethlisberger serves his suspension. Coach Mike Tomlin said Roethlisberger is ready to accept the consequences and move forward.

"I think that's his mind set. I know he is going to make a comment regarding the discipline of the commissioner on Monday. I will let him do that. But it's my understanding at this point he is ready to meet those challenges and take the necessary steps to move forward with his career."

Roethlisberger is not expected to attend minicamp next weekend because he is not permitted to rejoin the team until a psychological evaluation is performed.

Tomlin said he will allow the other three quarterbacks to work through things in the spring and then decide how he will proceed with them at training camp in Latrobe.

"What we know at this point is, of course, he will be unavailable to us for at least the first four football games of the season," Tomlin said of Roethlisberger. "We've got three guys that we're very comfortable with playing. We'll use the rest of the organized team activity days to kind of sort through it and get some information in regards to where those guys are. And then we'll make some hard and fast decision going into training camp because the reality is you can't get four guys ready to play in a camp.

"We'll make that decision at that time. Right now, we're just going to work with all four of these men, or all three of these men who will be part of this program in the short term, see where they are, get reacquainted with Byron Leftwich, of course. Charlie Batch is coming off an injury and Dennis Dixon is an emerging young guy.

"There are quality reps to be had, a lot of teaching that needs to be done. We're going to do that and make a decision prior to going to Latrobe about how we're going to go about divvying up the workload, if you will."
For more on the Steelers, read the new blog, Ed Bouchette On the Steelers at post-gazette.com - PG+. Ed Bouchette can be reached at ebouchette@post-gazette.com.

Read more: Steelers defend Roethlisberger's right 'to make right'

You're probably overanalyzing this.

Goodell had the advantage of the detailed police report that contained all of Ben's admitted behavior plus the stuff he denied. Thanks to the latitude given to him by the NFLPA, he most likely had all of the information he needed and was able to apply his conduct policy in this case. NFL investigations normally occur in instances when there is no official police report and/or the player denies all wrongdoing. Evidently, Goodell thought what Ben copped to was bad enough....

BINGO!

Sandra

Should VERY interesting to see how some react to this "statement" and his "right to make right" in here. ESPECIALLY after the whole Tiger fiasco.

Not sure why you want to compare them in the first place. :confused:

Sandra

BOTH did something wrong.....NEITHER was charged with a crime...BOTH had prepared statements with NO questions allowed to asked by the media.

I wanna see the response from those same folks that ripped Tiger apart IN HERE and their response to Ben. And Ben's situation is 100 times worse...

VERY easy to compare the two....

Two completely different situations. Tiger's main issue came because of what this did to his wife. Otherwise nothing he did was anything close to illegal.

Roethlisberger's main issue is that while he was not charged with anything illegal, people are convicting him anyway. And he's not married, so this has nothing to do with Tiger's main issue of cheating on and lying to his wife for months or years.

If Roethlisberger had slipped into a bathroom or a bedroom and had consensual sex with a girl, it would have been no big deal. Apparently that's exactly the kind of thing Tiger WAS doing, and it is a HUGE deal.

Also, Tiger had carefully cultivated a clean image for his corporate sponsors and fans who buy their merchandise, Roethlisberger seems to revel in his 'bad-boy' image.

Otherwise they're exactly alike. :rolleyes:

Sandra

Last edited:
Two completely different situations. Tiger's main issue came because of what this did to his wife. Otherwise nothing he did was anything close to illegal.

Roethlisberger's main issue is that while he was not charged with anything illegal, people are convicting him anyway. And he's not married, so this has nothing to do with Tiger's main issue of cheating on and lying to his wife for months or years.

If Roethlisberger had slipped into a bathroom or a bedroom and had consensual sex with a girl, it would have been no big deal. Apparently that's exactly the kind of thing Tiger WAS doing, and it is a HUGE deal.

Also, Tiger had carefully cultivated a clean image for his corporate sponsors and fans who buy their merchandk, Roethlisberger seems to like his 'bad-boy' image.

Sandra

I agree. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Also, Tiger had carefully cultivated a clean image for his corporate sponsors and fans who buy their merchandise, Roethlisberger seems to revel in his 'bad-boy' image.

Sandra

Sorry....but that is nothing to what I was comparing it to. I was comparing it to prepared statements....no press questions....both doing something that was morally wrong in many ways.

......so in what I COMPARED it to....they are exactly the same.

YOU are comparing what they actually did, I am comparing how they handled the situation with the media....

...two completely different things.

I also don't understand how Roethlisberger gets this suspension, and Cable gets NOTHING for what he did to his assistant coach! :confused:

It just doesn't add up.

I originally dismissed what salsadancer said about black players pressuring the league to suspend Roethlisberger because he's white, but it certainly makes ya wonder...

Sandra

I also don't understand how Roethlisberger gets this suspension, and Cable gets NOTHING for what he did to his assistant coach! :confused:

It just doesn't add up.

I originally dismissed what salsadancer said about black players pressuring the league to suspend Roethlisberger because he's white, but it certainly makes ya wonder...

Sandra

So, what is this, the 4th or 5th time you tried to make this point? Are you trying to get a rise out of someone? Anyways, you even contradicted your own theory in this statement. If the NFL was "against whites" why weren't they pressured into suspending Coach Cable?

Case and point: the NFL's stance on Roethlisberger isn't a racist one. It's because he's been a part of continued off-the field distractions. (Multiple rape accusations, being photographed drunken and disorderly with pictures plastered over the internet and so on.) This is not the type of image the NFL wants to portray of a Super Bowl winning QB, black, white or purple!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)