Roku 3 for $64.99 Today

When I bought mine I shopped everywhere for the best bargain and I go soooooo obsessed with trying to save a dollar, to get the best bargain that I was getting all bent out of shape.
I finally just said to heck with it and drove 2 miles to Walmart and bought one at full retail.

It cost me about $8 more (tax) than I would have paid online but I wanted it RIGHT NOW..
Waiting on shipping and worrying about United Package Smashers destroying it wasn’t worth it to me.

Balancing out shipping costs, tax and anxiety. If you have the patience to play the game to save a penny then more power to you.
Me, I just went for the kill and did the local Walmart option.. ;)

I read somewhere that they are about to push an update through to the Roku 3 that will allow you to search for videos across all the services.
In other words I can search for Monty Python and it will tell me all the various providers where I can get it from.

THAT will be awesome !

I've had the roku 3 for a little while now. I love it, blows away the 2 older models I have.

I read somewhere that they are about to push an update through to the Roku 3 that will allow you to search for videos across all the services.
In other words I can search for Monty Python and it will tell me all the various providers where I can get it from.

THAT will be awesome !

You can do that now on the older models unless I misunderstood you.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I've had the roku 3 for a little while now. I love it, blows away the 2 older models I have.

I've been curious about the improvements. What do you like better about it? Wondering if it's worth an update over a perfectly working XD

Yep.

Attachments

• 1387237242318.jpg
    1387237242318.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 165

Yep.

Well I’ll be ! How about that! Maybe I just overlooked that? I’m always late to dinner. :eek: Silly me!

And yes, it works on mine. Maybe the article I read was old? DOH!

I’m also sad to discover that Monty Python the original TV series isn’t available. :(

In regards to differences, I have the 3 and I recently gifted my dad with an older model (I figured to save a few $$ thinking he didn’t need the WIFI remote)
There is a substantial difference in speed/performance. His older Roku is slow and in some cases, sluggish and unresponsive.
It’s not a real problem for him because he is Mr. Pokey Pokey about everything..

For me it’s a deal breaker because I zip through stuff and I want it not just now, not just NOW, but YESTERDAY!
If you are impatient get the 3...

The Sam's club deal is good. Costco also has the 3 for $85 with an HDMI cable.

To address several other topics:

Yes, the 3 is much snappier than other models, not just older models. Some of the current Roku models do not have the faster processor and are not as snappy as the 3. IMO it is worth the upgrade cost to get the 3.

No, Roku is not a 1:1 replacement for Cable/Satellite at this time. That being said, the groundwork is there for it to become the replacement. Since it gives consumers much greater control over the content they are purchasing, that business model will win out in the end. I don't see a substantial difference in HD picture or sound quality over my satellite service. I don't watch MLB, NBA, or NHL but there are channels for those I believe. The one that is missing is the NFL. If Roku had a channel similar to the NFL Sunday Ticket, that would put me one HUGE step closer to getting rid of satellite. There also should be a reasonable solution for the major networks rather than OTA paired with a DVR. I know there are some solutions involving Plex + a computer/mobile device, but it should be easier. Just give me channels in Roku. This would actually be more advantageous for the networks as users are more-or-less forced to watch commercials on a Roku.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)