ROKU IS FALSELY claiming UNLIMITED ACCESS TO AMAZON PRIME INSTANT VIDEO CHANNEL.

daveh505@comcast.net

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 18, 2008
Las Cruces NM
:rant:I received my Roku XD last nite and went through all the steps of setting up the Roku to use Amazon prime instant videos as my primary channel. I have been watching `Dr Martin" using my laptop to stream to my LCD TV via HDMI cable. Seasons I thru 9 with approx 9 episodes per season are available on Amazon Prime through my laptop. The Roku channel only gives me access to season1of "Dr Martin's THE ROKU CHANNEL" DOES NOT GIVE ME UNLIMITED ACCESS TO Amazon Prime Instant video Programs. I got the Roku to take the place of my laptop and to eventually help me "CUT THE CABLE". The programming is so limited that cutting the cable is not an option. This Roku does not live up to all the hype. It comes nowhere near it. BTW. I tried a lot of other channels and the promised UNLIMITED ACCES is just not there. I have declared to Amazon that the descrption of the Roku was wrong and I am getting a refund. I returned it today via UPS. :mad:

I just added Amazon to my Roku last week and I can't say they have everything but they sure have a lot. Picture quality is also very good on my somewhat slow connection. (1.5Mbs).

With my prime subscription I got with my purchase of Kindal Fire there is even a lot of free video available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)