Roku XD|S

Usually not a problem in a home theater environment, but I agree, this might cause problems if you want to play video from a USB drive through Roku connected to a secondary TV set (like the one in your bedroom). Perhaps they will add DD decoding later on.

Usually not a problem in a home theater environment.
Definitely.
But we have come such a long way to have finally players like the Patriot - very small and
with an optional hard drive inside - to take with you anywhere and connect to practically any TV.
And capable of playing any video stream...

If you have to carry a DD/DTS decoding receiver with you, such player advantages are gone...

Diogen.

Definitely.
But we have come such a long way to have finally players like the Patriot - very small and
with an optional hard drive inside - to take with you anywhere and connect to practically any TV.
And capable of playing any video stream...

If you have to carry a DD/DTS decoding receiver with you, such player advantages are gone...

Diogen.

The thing is, Roku was never intended to be like Patriot or PopcornHour. It has been adapted, and as such, still has limitations.

I understand that Roku is a streamer first.
And offering for examle Netflix, means certain security measures in place.

But Patriot & Co. show that a universal player shouldn't cost more than $60.
Just add your own tech on top and you will have the best of both worlds...

Diogen.

Ordered a xds a couple of days ago. I am very excited to get it. We use netflix often but are limited to the LR TV with a desktop computer. I am planning on installing it on the same TV using component & using the composite side of it to a rf converter to mirror 2 other sd TVS.

neftv,

How did you get your Roku box to work with TVersity. I have a XD | S and I can't find instructions out there anywhere, I already use TVersity to stream to my 360, Wii and XBMC box... Just can't seem to get it up on the Roku

thx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)