Round dishes no longer good in Iowa

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

iowapilot

Original poster
Aug 3, 2004
The tech that came to finish up the installation I spoke about in another thread here told me today that all locals for this area are going to 110. From what he was saying it sounded like it was a regional thing and not national because he made a reference to the same thing happening in Virginia at some point.

He said they planned on having over 1,000 calls by Thursday morning and offered me a job starting immediately. I had to turn him down because I am afraid once they are done installing these oval dishes I wont have a job. He said he was given orders to find 25 people by the end of the week. If the pay was a little more, I would consider it and then worry about keeping my job with my performance through the dish changes, but hourly techs dont make very much from what he was telling me (approx $8-10/hr).

Sounds like a mess to me.

119 is where some locals are going, not 110
110 is where HD is right now

According to DirectTv site, Des Moines is moving off of 101

Whoops! Sorry about that. I thought he said 110, but maybe he didnt.

Thanks for the correction.

Iowapilot, only the western 2/3 of the state needs the oval dish... the eastern 1/3 (Cedar Rapids DMA) will need a second dish (and a set of new holes drilled on the roofs) to get their locals, which will arrive before year 2099.

Yeah, after rereading everything I wrote early this afternoon, I realize that a few things I said were misleading. I will try to do a little more research and post more facts next time. :cool:

So does this mean that D*'s turning off the LIL's on 101 that went up on 119 with D7S finally? Has anyone seen a drop dead date from D* on that? Just curious since all the guessing has been new HD channels held back until that move occurs.

HDNet and HBO HD, as well as CBS HD are off of 119 right now.

I don't get Sat B and do not get those right now, Discovery and ESPN, as well as SHowtime HD all come in fine on Sat C.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts