RSN Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Just added the sports pack to get ready for Coll Football.

I added all the channels listed on the sports pack page on D*.com but some are giving me a not sub'd error.

One for example is NESN. Its a boston red sox game which I did not assume Id get, but why does it say not sub'd? Thought it would just say blacked out. Id hope Ill be able to see NESN College games.

Just wondering if I get that error because its a pro baseball game, or if its something else.

I'm not sure if your going to get college sport games that are out of market unless you live in the NESN area. If they black out the MLB games wouldn't they black out the college games as well? As far as as the sub error, I never seen that. What about other sport pack channels? If something is blacked out the screen will just be black for me with no message.

Agreed, if you are not inside that market area you most likely will NOT be seeing any college football games.

To me, the Sports Pack is pointless. Of course your not going to get the games, but there is never any other programming on. I notice that pre-game shows are sometimes on, but not on the HD channel (standard only while the HD channel is blacked out).

I thought that paying for the sports pack allowed you to see out of market games. Pro being blacked out all the time, but not college. If thats not the case, whats the ****ing point of it?

Its weird, of the group on D*'s website under Sports Pack, only a few give me that "not purchased error", the rest of them had the black out comment.

They really need a NFL style package for Coll Football because Gameplan SUCKS.

Im fairly certain I had the sports pack last fall and was able to get a couple of coll football games each week I would not have seen on national tv in my area.

The last few years I have watched Ivy League, Big 10/11, Big 12 and PAC10 games on the RSN's without needing Gameplan. If it was shot in HD, it was available in HD with only the SportsPack. I wouldn't worry about it too much right now. Those RSN's that carry pro games (basketball/baseball/hockey) will likely be blacked out unless you are in their region. But college sports are more forgiving.

I got the sports pack for the upcoming college football as well. If most of them are blacked-out then I will cancel it immediately. I have no need for all of those extra channels if they do not give me much to watch.

I thought that paying for the sports pack allowed you to see out of market games. Pro being blacked out all the time, but not college. If thats not the case, whats the ****ing point of it?

Its weird, of the group on D*'s website under Sports Pack, only a few give me that "not purchased error", the rest of them had the black out comment.

They really need a NFL style package for Coll Football because Gameplan SUCKS.

Im fairly certain I had the sports pack last fall and was able to get a couple of coll football games each week I would not have seen on national tv in my area.
I was having the same discussion in the war zone about this. I agree its pointless to non MLB,NFL,NHL,and NBA package subscribers. You will get a lot of College Football though, Not all ,but quite a few!

I hae always watched a great deal f college games on the sportspack, and for NESN being not purchased during the Red Sox game it would be available with MLB EI thats why it is not blacked out

Sounds great. I couldnt figure out why in the world anyone would pay the dough for it every month just for sports shows.

Sounds great. I couldnt figure out why in the world anyone would pay the dough for it every month just for sports shows.

Aside from the RSNs you do get ESPNU, CBSC, NBA TV, Outdoor Channel, TVG and the Fox Sports Soccer channel. If you are college football or basketball fan, ESPNU and CBSC are both good for early season games.

I heard a lot of whining from fans of ACC teams who had the local TWC and they couldn't get some early season football and basketball games on ESPNU. The TWC does have it now but a lot of the fans who had cable used to call it ESPN No Where. I tried to tell them that a 3rd of the country got it with satellite.

Thats what I say too, there is no point to it. It looks like everyone says they are getting the college games though so thats good at least. Will they be in HD if they are being shot in HD though? Time and time again I have had trouble picking up HD feeds of the RSN's while the standard channel is live.

Aside from the RSNs you do get ESPNU, CBSC, NBA TV, Outdoor Channel, TVG and the Fox Sports Soccer channel. If you are college football or basketball fan, ESPNU and CBSC are both good for early season games.
You also get these channels if you have the old grandfathered Total Choice Plus package, like I do. This is why I do not want to upgrade any of my packages as I would lose this cheaper package that contains more channels than the comparable Choice Extra.

Thats what I say too, there is no point to it. It looks like everyone says they are getting the college games though so thats good at least. Will they be in HD if they are being shot in HD though? Time and time again I have had trouble picking up HD feeds of the RSN's while the standard channel is live.
If shot in HD, then yes, you should get them in HD. I can't think of a reason you wouldn't, but you never know. All I know is that last season, once the RSN were put on CONUS, I saw a LOT of HD college football and basketball. And that was with JUST the SportsPack.

You also get these channels if you have the old grandfathered Total Choice Plus package, like I do. This is why I do not want to upgrade any of my packages as I would lose this cheaper package that contains more channels than the comparable Choice Extra.
Same deal here. Keep your upgrades, I am happy getting some "freebies" without paying more. :)

I normally do the same thing (sub to sports pack from beginning of College Football season until sometime around Christmas when the conference basketball season kicks in).

Only blackouts I've had are games that are also available locally OTA. Aside from that, it works well.

I have TC+, but I don't get ESPNU, NBATV, or the Outdoor Channel. I don't know about Fox Soccer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)